Redsand Canyon I tread by my lonesome through the darkness
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
The air was bitter, nipping at every hair with a chill. A dark shadow loomed, grunting due the temperatures. Nothing he wasn't used to, but displeasing all the same. 

Through the night he traveled, escaping the violent teeth of hostiles. All he wanted was a bite of their kill. Was that too much to ask? From the interaction, both parties now bared scars — the opposing more than him. Serves them right.

As upon which lands he now trekked upon, the man was unsure. A faint scent was evident, but it still gave no clues. They were all the same. Packs spraying daily scents to guard what they claimed as their own. Homes to shelter the young and elder. Territories for the grand sires and dames to rule over. He'd never experienced himself, but there were times he would ask question whether or not he even wanted to.

Of all territories, none caught his interest, nor were a sensible place to waste time. However, today it seemed he had all the time in the world. Why the sudden interest? The question would be left unanswered for now. With a brisk motion, the man's chin lifted, jaw expanding to release a deep, hollow call. He was curious to know more of the inhabitants. Who knows — maybe he would even make some friends.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As always nowadays, it seems Nyra was on the move. 
Patrolling, day and night, securing the borders, day and night.
Catching the scent of a stranger, and then hearing an unfamiliar howl, Nyra ran for the origin of the sound at a quick pace. As quick as she could, still healing from fighting a mountain lion. 

The gargantuan female approached with her tail raised, a banner alongside her monarchical aura that radiated power, strength, authority in rolling waves. 

"I am Nyra, Grandmaster and Alpha of the Saints. State your business." She rumbled, though not aggressively. More so a noise indicative of not wanting to waste her or her pack's time.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
A new body approached and voice rang through his ear, diverting his attention. They had listened and come.

Hues narrowed out of both a cautious and curious manner, the man's crown swiveled in the direction of which the voice came.The Saints?The name had never been heard by him before, but then, there were many packs spread out across Teekon that he had never heard of.

The shadow colored wolf took a heavy stride forward, lifting his chin in a display of confidence. Confidence. That's all it was. In such an instance, he had no interest in taking a dominant stance and picking an unnecessary fight. Not unless his company did so in an aggressive way.

"The Saints?" The dark man eventually spoke. The words were clear and hollow, booming across the distance that separated the two bodies. "Can't say the name has ever crossed my ear. I have little business other than curiosity. I travel often, but there are few times that I stop to make an acquaintance.''
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The shadowman eventually spoke after a long pause, stating he had little business aside from being curious. 
Curious as to who lived here? She wasn't sure. 

"The Saints are a militaristic pack. We take in those who need a home, and sharpen their skills. Though we prefer those who have a knack for combat, very few are turned away." Nyra responded, telling of her pack on the assumption that was what he wanted to know.
Health (100/100)
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
Very few are turned away. Maybe this was the ticket he was looking for after all.

Militaristic, huh? Unusual, but interesting all the same. What would you say if I were to admit I'd like a home? The Saints seem like an intriguing bunch and I'm in need of a fresh start.

Curious of her reply, Xynos watched her carefully, ears raised high. As of yet, his company hadn't made any aggressive approach, however, minds change. Who knows. Maybe this Alpha had soldiers hidden amidst the shadows. One could never be too careful.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra watched the man consider her words.
When he spoke again, Nyra's intense golden gaze lit with approval.

"I would welcome you into my fold if that were the case." She said simply, 
"But be warned, we have plenty of enemies and are getting ready for war. If these things do not deter you, then follow me." Nyra added, swaying her tail with the anticipation
Health (100/100)
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
To the suggestion of discomfort towards war, the dark man chuffed. Of all things, that would the last to deter him from such an opportunity.

If I feared war and standing amidst enemies, I doubt I would be a soul so bold enough to tread on territories like this one. Life is full of battles not all can win. I know this, yet I still have the confidence to stare it in the face and take my chances. These words were stated clearly and confidently. Survival had been the definition of his life's purpose since the day he was born. A little bit of fighting was something he was used to.

With a small nod of his crown, he took a stride forward, ready to follow where the she-wolf led.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Upon hearing the words of the dark man, Nyra grinned with approval. 
"Good." She purred, turning and starting off at an easy trot. 

"By the way, what's your name?" 
Health (100/100)
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
With great capability, he was easily able to keep up with her trot. Being of a similar structure, the two's length in strides were almost matched. For once it was nice to know he wasn't always outrunning another.

Following at her flank, he was silent, but only until he heard her newest inquiry. Upon the question, his ear twitched. Xynos is the name. He replied briskly, returning to silence once more, as he would stay unless spoken to.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
fade? <3

So his name is Xynos.
Nyra filed the info away in her mind, keeping the pace as she privately went down the list of things to do before any advance to war.

"I will show you where we den. From there, get familiar with your packmates and find something to eat. Not necessarily in that order." She quirked a tiny smile his direction.
Health (100/100)
44 Posts
Ooc — Karma
Sounds good. I'll likely post an open thread and see who steps up to interact.

Familiarize? Pack mates? All new things would questions. This would be an interesting turn of events. How would he take these wolves that he was to call his pack mates? And more importantly — how would they take him?

Eat? A waste of time. I had a decent hunt the day before last. I'll survive for a day or two yet. My strength doesn't wither away that quickly. While the thought of food wasn't quite on his mind, a nap did sound rather appealing. He'd been on his paws for days and just imagining a nice, warm den made him tiresome.