Otter Creek You would have to be half mad to dream me up
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Aventus had expectations about what Arielle might fear. Unfair ones, considering that for all his confusing feelings, he really didn't know her that well. He wanted to change that. He figured her fears would be things she could not control. Things like failing to save a life, maybe being eaten by a bear the way Evien had, or something along those lines. Sensible fears, he thought.

What she told him instead was that she feared being alone again. It was so obvious. Aventus never spared a lot of thought for what came before Ursus. For him, there was no such thing as before Ursus. Arielle had had a whole life somewhere else, though, before coming to join Merrick and his merry band of murderous crazies. Probably a normal life, one she might wish to return to someday. The thought made something writhe in his chest. Possessiveness?

Made only stronger when her yellow eyes met his silver ones and she elaborated more. Aventus' heart did a strange flop in his chest, making his breath hitch. She didn't want to leave this life? Aventus didn't want that either. He reached out for her, very slowly touching the tip of his nose to the tip of her chin. He tilted her face up a little. He very nearly lashed his tongue over her cheek, but held himself in check there.

We are not going anywhere, he said. I am not going anywhere. You will not ever be alone again. It wasn't any sort of vow, but his heart beat rapidly all the same. He became very aware again of their nearness, how easy it would be to wrap his limbs around her, and the wanting heat pooling again in his stomach. He forced his mind elsewhere. I am feeling like my fur might be dry now. Are you ...?
Messages In This Thread
You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Aventus - December 30, 2021, 07:27 PM