"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
All Welcome 
maybe moonglow kiddos? :o

while heda hunted, mireille had shyly begun to approach the dens of snow on the far side of the valley.
the essence of home caught at her: she saw one of the white wolves from before, with two peach-colored pups nearby. there were other children here as well; she caught sight of their eyes and their striking fur and their number. the sea-girl hung back, alone and quite out of her element. mireille chuffed softly as a young pair of eyes turned toward her.
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
the star-child was fascinated by the brilliant colors sported by the older girl, and did not yet know that to stare was considered rude by some. so inkalorë gawked rather openly — and found it terribly startling when the girl turned to acknowledge them. they flinched and fumbled over suddenly-clumsy blonde paws, reaching for something to say. uh — uh — HI! they said it too loudly, ears flattened to gilded skull the moment the volume of it registered. they thought to apologize for a moment, but couldn't get the words out in their shame.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
the stranger was silver and gold. 
mireille was just as fascinated. "hello," she said softly, likening the hue of the other's pelt to the warm sand of summer. "i be mireille, of sapphique. i am here wid my friends from rivenwood."
they did not smell of the glacier. she took a tentative step forward, extending her muzzle in greeting.
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
so pretty, and so nice, too! inkalorë forgot their shame and warmed at the cheeks. a smile lit their features. mireille! that's a pretty name, they admired, tail stirring the air cheerfully. i'm inkalorë. is sapphique the name of your village? they wondered if sapphique would be the next village everyone visited. maybe they would get to see the rivenwood village, too! and all of the other villages!
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"what be a village? sapphique is de name of my pack. it is led by my mot'ers. we live beside de sea." she spoke proudly of the seacliffs, though she was suddenly seized by homesickness and longing for sobo to be with her.
the red girl waved her plume once more toward the gilded inkalorë. "i like your name as well. do you have brot'ers an' sisters here?"
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
it struck inkalorë very belatedly that mireille spoke differently than other wolves. they tended to notice such things late, or not at all — and in this case, the realization fell to the wayside almost as soon as they came to it. how she spoke mattered very little, so long as she spoke kindly. and she did, though her confusion about villages was amusing to inkalorë.
a village is a pack! they told her with a laugh, speaking very quickly and with little regard for responses. what's a sea? how many mothers do you have? i wish i had another mother! i only have one, but she's really cool! my brother lómion is here, and so are my sisters wilwarin and vairë, but i can't find them right now. but i bet they would like you a lot! you're really nice!
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
a village was a pack. what an odd word for it. "a sea be a lot of water, as far as you can see. an' i have two mothers. rosalyn an' erzulie. an' i have sisters too," she said excitedly, tail beginning to swish behind her. "an' brothers! why can't you find dem? you be nice too," mireille added with a smile, pleased at how well this interaction was going.
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
i love mireille <3
it wasn't often inkalorë found someone who could keep up with their energy. their siblings tended toward milder dispositions, and didn't seem as fond of strangers or new situations as ink was — and that was fine, they loved them anyway, but it wasn't as fun as this was. mireille was new and exciting and seemingly just as enthusiastic as ink. and she had a lot of cool things to say!
ink was enchanted by the idea of so much water — and two whole mothers! wow! their tail fanned at the speed of light. they were about to tell mireille how lucky she was, but then she asked why they couldn't find their siblings. they like to be alone sometimes, ink told her. i think they liked home better than here. what's it like living next to a sea? what happens if you fall in?
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
i love inkalore!

mireille nodded. "i understand dat. i am happy i came but i look forward to going home." the mention of the sea brought her a long sigh. "it be wonderful. each day i hear de ocean. each night i go to sleep listenin' to it. all my brot'ers an' sisters were born by de sea. it is in our blood."
she cast a look around them to the hunting camp, the butchering. "have you been out t'ere yet?" mireille asked, gesturing to the milling caribou and the wolves winding among them.