"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: pre-estrus, suggestive

in a piercing irony, it was the obsidian from the enclave of misandry which dipped first into the springtime heat.
it was not yet dawn on the day to follow the hunt. she had gone off from her camp, restless, and belatedly realized what this must be. the year before had seen her far into spring, but that had been the initiating time. her body responded now to the surges of testosterone on the plains, disgusting and intriguing mireille who truly wanted only one man ever to touch her.
she was a whisk of cinnamon, rolling now in the snow to cool herself.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
i know we already have one with these two BUT

something was up with mireille. but then again, when wasn't there?
maleah, too, had been on her own, awake since the crude hours of the night to forage for supplies where she thought perhaps no healers from other camps had gone. what alerted her to the obsidian's presence was the thud in the snow from somewhere behind her. maleah came trotting closer with a bundle of winter roots tucked in a leaf-satchel, all things she planned on bringing back to sapphique.
mir? the name flew from her lips as if she may have been afraid to say it.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
BUT <3

maleah, carrying an herbalist's bundle. mireille flashed the woman an easy grin and fell into a rolling step beside the other. "maleah." her lips curved in pleasantry; she was turning them now over one passing man or another.
a secretive expression came to her face. "do you be enjoyin' de eye candy on offer?" the obsidian inquired in a languid spill, uncaring if she was overheard.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
the eye candy. maleah thought briefly of the strange rogue. meh, they're so-so, she sneers, giving a playful jab of cold nose to the warm cinnamon shoulder. a lot of them are such show-offs.
there was an unfamiliar tinge to mireille; a sweetness to her scent, one that the healer registered a few moments too late. she felt warmth brush her hollowed cheeks. do you have your eye on any of them?
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"dat be men for you," came the crimson woman's scathing rejoinder, and in this moment she thought of how very different val was. how he had gained her eye by his deed, not by force or through pomp.
"dat one t'ere," she murmured, jerking her chin in the direction of @Rodyn. "quiet an' handsome.i havenae seen him posture once."
her interest was superficial; mireille enjoyed the look of the moontide man but his status as pack wolf and ally placed him far too close to sapphique for her interests. "soon i will pick as many men as i want." 
this time, her emerald eyes watched to see if maleah responded with anything that might show her own intrigue.

tag for ref! <3
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
a man of moontide; rodyn, she thought his name was. him? maleah parrots, gaze flickering sidelong; she did not disapprove, per se, but she didn't know if he was much of her type. come to think of it, she did not know if she had one.
she felt awkward, then, increasingly shy. her ears bend outward as she scans the testosterone-fuelled crowd, squinting to better see faces and grimacing over their posturing. i think personality matters more than anything, she quips, giving a playful lift of a brow. but he seems... nice, i guess. at least he's not a douche.
as many men as she wanted. the beryl only grew more flustered at the thought; the mental image of faceless men bedding mireille. she did not know if it disgusted or excited her. do you think you'll ever settle down one day with somebody? maleah did not know if she herself ever could; or would.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"it donnae be his personality i want, maleah," mireille teased with a bright grin. the healer's next question drew a more thoughtful expression, and for a time she only watched the passing of bodies and beasts before she answered.
"i would never choose a man for settlin'," she began. "my mot'ers loved each ot'er too much for me to ever consider a man."
an unexpected pang now, to think of val.
"i suppose i have not considered it. my sisters an' nieces have helped me to raise my little ones." her eyes turned toward the pretty seawolf. "an' you?"
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
oh, i get it. you wanna know what personality he's got in bed, it was strange to find herself laughing about it, the crudeness of it all. he seems kinda promising in that regard.
mireille's answer brought out her own teasing smoulder. no one ever said it had to be a man, maleah titters. but, uh, i don't know. i'm fine with being alone. i have you and sapphique, and work, and stuff. but... sometimes i think about it. maybe it'd be nice.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
but did she not know this? mireille wondered what maleah was getting at, and teased with a slow-burn smile that encouraged her closer to the other woman. "an' what, pray tell, would be nice about havin' a wife?" mireille drawled in a mingling of accents while her sea-gem eyes took in the delicate edges of maleah's pretty face.
she had not considered companionship because it had not been missing. and perhaps it had not been missing because she had not been looking.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
curiosity begins to burn behind maleah's gaze, soft warmth spreading up her cheeks until it finds the tips of her ears. you tell me, the healer retorts. i like the idea of it, sometimes. somebody to... be close to. who understands you better than anyone else. who-- ah, i don't know. maybe it's dumb.
she suddenly found that she could no longer meet mireille's gaze as it drank her in; searched the corners of her face for signs of something maleah herself was presently unaware she was feeling.
sometimes when i can't sleep, i just imagine what it might be like to have that. but dreams can never live up to reality, can they?
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
listening to maleah describe these longings both interested mireille and moved her spirit beyond words. perhaps she had not known what longing was; even as she thought of val, she was not certain that what she felt for him was the same as maleah's picture painted.
"to love a woman, it seems, is to know peace." mireille was speaking of her mothers but it was not rosalyn nor erzulie who filled her mind, but the soft, shy face of maleah as she pressed through discomfort to detail what she considered alone in her den.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
perhaps, air puffs out in front of maleah's face in a cloud of steam. i don't know if men are capable of loving a woman the same way we can with one another.
maleah did not know if she had ever been so close to another's face in the way she is now. she can feel the warmth of mireille's breath, count the freckles that dot the bridge of her nose. her throat tightens.
why is she suddenly so nauseous?
she needs to breathe; needs to break the tension that now clings to her. her face cracks into a nervous, thin-lipped grin. i imagine it's probably more fun, too.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"dey are not," mireille murmured, believing it despite the fact that she had never allowed val a chance to know, nor herself. lip bitten, she looked down at maleah; "an' i know for a fact it be more fun."
her heart was racing in spite of the slow syrup of her words; she let a small darkened laugh unfold between she and maleah, then stepped back. 
no need to offer; it too rested betwixt their unsaid gazes.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK

maleah can feel herself shrinking into her own skin, gaze wide and cast in the darkened shadow of mireille. a pass of her tongue wets her lips.
the redhead may as well have clobbered her over the head with a boulder. maleah's blood buzzes in her veins with an unspoken yearning, a drive, a wretched hunger; her muscles feel like putty and yet, somehow, she gathers all the bravery she can muster and leans forward to press an apprehensive kiss to the waiting mouth.
she'd certainly never done that before.
when she pulls away, she is trembling; her gaze is almost guilty as she watches and waits for a reaction.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
!!!

the kiss was soft, shy; it sent a razoring of icefire though mireille, along with a mingled surprise in her enjoyment. thus far, the only one she had touched with any such intentions had been val, and she weighed her quiet relationship with him against this new path opening for herself and maleah.
mireille had always been fiercely independent. her possession of him, her ways of entering the world alone during her seasons — all these things were thought of as she sought maleah again, letting their touches linger, mingle.
"do not be worried," the obsidian whispered. "you did well." the emerald eyes glowed then, alight with pleasure.