Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 
Note that he isn't on the borders just near

He had followed her scent, in his maw the body of a bloody hen. He hadn't sought out to find her. No, but he had promised himself he'd deliver food as needed. For the whatever it was weeks that females carried, was it 9 weeks and then 6 weeks after that as they grew and nursed? There was no clue in his head if she had managed to take what he offered and make something beautiful with it, but he also didn't wish  to not make sure she had food at least.

He gave a nod as he lay it near the borders, his scent was on it, so it wasn't like she wouldn't know it was from him and she and those that were in her pack, didn't need to eat it. They could toss it if they were so inclined.

Then with a soft snort, he started walking away back the way he had come. It took him about two days to get here anyway. IT would be hell to keep moving, but he wasn't going to not feed her.
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
the scent of blood at the borders draws the leviathan towards it with haste. rhaegal's been in a particularly prickly mood lately, without really knowing the rhyme or reason to it. at any rate, it would give a ornery grandfather a run for his money. if he understood astrology he might've blamed it on the fact that mercury was in retrograde but it was, in truth, the season.

he eyes the hen left there as he comes upon it, noting the scent of sassenach and the raven hued man's departure.

black, leathery nostrils flare as he pushes past the borders, feeling that push of combativeness and protectiveness swell within his chest. what is this sassenach? demands rhaegal. a curse left at our borders?

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Swearing

Noise behind him and Arric turned quickly. On guard. He was there for the woman that sang, but he wasn't about to get ripped apart from he black. Blue eyes traced across the wolf in front of him and he dipped his muzzle. Kept his stance neural, but didn't take his eyes off the beast. He been beaten one too many times lately.

No, it's actual food. I don't believe in curses, I want to fuck somebody up, i'll do it with my teeth and claws, but that's not really what I'm going for here. I met a girl, gorgeous, sings when she speaks. Came after me for littles. Figured if it took she'd be about 1 or 2 weeks now. Wanted to make sure she got some food. That's why it's not directly on the borders and has my scent all over it, I'll be back with  more throughout the weeks. Don't want no trouble, just trying to be kind.

Then Arric waited eyeing the male. Not sure if he'd believe him or not, but honestly the story was so bizarre he didn't know how anyone could make it up. Though it made him wonder, if there were males here, why she came looking for him.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"if a woman of sapphique be wantin' you close, you be knowin'."
mireille had come to rhaegal's shoulder during the long-winded explanation. she knew exactly of whom was spoken. but she also knew this man had not been entertained close. he was a stranger. and he had followed her sister.
mireille remembered the pain and the tears and the anguish that chacal had suffered the last time she had kept a man close. she recalled the agony undergone by meerkat for the same, for her own father.
now mireille's eyes smote the stranger with an almost hateful emerald light. how could she trust lying with a man when her time came? suppose he too followed her home?
"go back to your land, moun fou," the obsidian ordered, ignoring the offering as she approached slowly with bared tooth. "do not come here again." he took too many liberties already. "you are not needed."
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
the ravenhued male turns at rhaegal's approach, and the sveijarn takes him in; a slow flicker of his golden gaze. an interesting marking ringed his eye: blue like the glacial seas north of meares island. the sudden bite to the man's tone takes the seadragon by surprise and he recoils only slightly; kept in check by the appearance of mireille at his shoulder.

with a shift, he takes the position of sentry; for she speaks everything that had flickered to his mind.

though perhaps absence the coil of jealousy he feels.

a growl rumbles in his chest, lingering in his throat as it splices betwixt bared teeth.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

Eyebrow raised. Calm on the inside and outside. Arric met the girls gaze, but didn't flinch. Then he studied the male that had taken his position of sentry next to the girl, and he noticed with grim amusement that the beast shut his trap, as soon as a female came. So he was like was he. 

Then he met the girls gaze again, and amusement peppered with dark glacial anger resided in his blue eyes.

Did I ask after her? Or request to see her? I dropped food and was leaving. Your man here stopped me on my way out. She made it clear she wanted nothing from me. I was being kind so she didn't have to hunt while she raised her children. And yea i said her children. I know exactly what i was thanks, reduced to a piece of meat so she could have kids. And i'm fine with that, what i'm not fine with is being treated like a piece of shit when i just dropped food and was fucking leaving.

Then his voice got colder. And by the way, honey, you can fucking hate me all you fucking want, but hate me on my own merits, not for something someone else did. It's clear in that cold, cruel gaze of yours. You know nothing about me. Nothing so don't make assumptions it makes you look like an ass. Now can i leave or do you want to continue to shoot the shit? Cause i can do this all day.

He didn't raise his voice, didn't move forward aggressively. Just spoke his truth and waited. His ears were perked forward and he was on guard, but he'd leave just as quietly as he came if they'd let him, that was the plan anyway.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
the man spoke too much. but the moment he referred to her in terms that dismissed as well as condescended, mireille was finished listening. 
the sheer disrespect posed by the fool at her borders sent a swordlike flame of fury through mireille. her red hackles blazed upward. the man in his arrogance had confirmed what she had chosen to believe of them: that unrelated men were dangerous and addled by their own power.
rosalyn had been correct.
mireille drew on the strength of mothers and sisters and yes, even the grandmothers who had shaped her lineage. she did not howl for her pack nor signal rhaegal; mireille launched herself directly at the stranger, uncaring that he was far larger.
he would pay for his stupidity on their borders.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
denied the potential of war, erzulie had abided. she was curious to know if a last season would come for her despite her desires; she waited for @Jorunn to announce, to lead her off.
the season and its headiness kept her restless.
erzulie was not there to hear the words nor the exchange, only for the initial lunge of her redfurred daughter. and because mireille, she felt, would not attack without a reason despite her hotheadness, the ruby dashed to join she and rhaegal.
years of guardianship had made her hard; she meant to slam her shoulder into the man's ribs with a snarl on her mouth.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
the raven hued man could not accept what the flamekissed obsidian told him: instead, launching into another long winded monologue about the fact that he knew he was not wanted nor needed. so why, rhaegal cannot help but wonder, was he here? kindness, he says ...but his words and obscene language felt like a direct contradiction to that supposed gesture.

rhaegal could understand if she'd been a loner ... but she had the might of sapphique at her back.

a solid community whom would provide for her and the cubs that came of the tryst.

as rhaegal's lips part to speak, they escape him in a soft breath as the obsidian launches herself at the raven hued stranger.

a blink; a moment slowed that felt like an infinite stretch of time.

the rush of erzulie.

another blink and a moment before instinct pushed him forth, towards the man alongside the women.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
And then there were three and Arric was immediately thrown into a fray beyond reason. 

Jesus jump the fuck up. I brought her food.

However, with a body honed for action, he tried to side step both of the females. Instead his gaze locked on the male, and with teeth in scruffs and paws pushing at the smaller females. He went straight for the male.

If he hadn't stopped him, this mess wouldn't be happening. He threw himself into the fray, that telltale tint of red rage around the corners of his eyes, but he held it at bay as he always had, as he always would.

He didn't know where he bit and clawed. The female to his side, nailed his ribs and he grasped her scruff and ripped upwards and tried to shove her away, the girl that had hated him at first sight, she had lunged at his face, he had quickly shifted to get to the older female, so her teeth caught the side of his face, but he growled low and savage and with his movemetn to toss the other one, he managed to free himself without to much damage.

That male was coming too, and if he managed to get the girls off, he'd meet him with teeth and claws, no longer defending, aiming to maim, eyes, ears, mouth, tender places is where he'd set his teeth and claws.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
blood.
but that was not all he had done and mireille was bent on forcing payment for his disrespect.
he buffeted her away easily, something that enraged the girl further. when her mother filled her senses, the young leader leapt back and circled. when the man bit for rhaegal he would find mireille back at her relative's shoulder.
she was not controlled in her righteous fury; she slashed for eyes, muzzle, nose.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
he was good, and erzulie appreciated the stranger's prowess even as he seemed to focus the prong of his attack on rhaegal. she felt mireille sharply move away to join the pearl and so the ruby moved to the flank of the interloper, the leftmost, and sought to rip his flesh open a second time.
a wiser man would run.
but erzulie had never believed in the wisdom of men.
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
he comes for rhaegal: though whether it was because he did not believe the two women to first come at him were not worth his time or not was unknown. but rhaegal does not dare try to switch the focus off of himself. he braces for impact; defensive.

if he can keep the stranger's attention on him then the women could focus on the offensive.

teeth splice his ear and the flesh of his cheek as he yanks his head away; snarling. his own teeth aim to snap at the man's muzzle, challenge in his gaze. stay focused on me.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric took the hit from the girl and the male too, but he saw the gaze and knew what he was doing and with years of meditation and grace on his side. He used his momentum and his body to jerk to the right side, rather than the left where the older female was. He didn't turn his back to any of them, but he snarled. 

Can I leave now like i've wanted to do since the beginning or are we gonna do this shit all day All i brought was fucking food.

Anger was in his gaze, blood welled from his muzzle, and his ear, his ribs ached, but they weren't ripped open thank god. There was abject anger in his gaze. And he really wanted to take the younger girl and rip into her with every verbal word he knew. But it wasn't worth it, none of this was worth it. He'd continue to bring food, but he'd put it other places, because that was his job as the man that impregnated some random girl which he never should've done. Jesus.

Arric didn't regret anything, but he regretted laying with that woman with every single fiber of his being right in this moment.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille hawked a harsh laugh, lips red with his blood. "dat was not all you did. you were a fool an' rude on t'ese borders," she snarled, loud enough for her mother to hear.
"i be lettin' you go once you give your word you will not be back, mainlander." yes; she smelled the forests and freshwater on him under the new scent of saliva and blood.
"i told you to leave an' not come back. swear it now."
for now her fangs held their attack. she would not let this man think he was entitled to chacal's presence or the children she might carry even now. her eyes seethed toward his own. "i do not be wantin' your putrid scent anywhere near dis part of de coas'. am i clear?" the land was vast. he could keep his hide from sapphique or have it torn again.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
mireille and her growls told a larger story than erzulie had known. she stepped back from her fight when her daughter began to speak, but guarded the man so he could not run.
what had he said? why was he here? but she would not seek answers now. 
she snarled toward the man, a sound that promised more pain if he did not heed.
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
rhaegal stays close to the obsidian and ruby, though the wounds arric have inflicted upon his have begun, with the wan of his adrenaline, smart and sting.

salmon pink tongue draws across his jowls, another low rumble lingering in his chest.

arric and mireille exchange a few more heated words but rhaegal has returned to sentry once more: golden gaze boring into the raven hued male, being sure to memorize his face and scent lest he come across it again.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
963 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric's eyes narrowed. Which part do you consider foolish? The part where i brought food for the girl i possibly impregnated to be nice, which i might add I was trying to leave, your man stopped me, and you got offended by it. Or.  Oh right. You mean when i told you to hate me on my own merits, not just cause you felt the need too, that one? Yes I said it and i stand by it. You know nothing about me, but you hated me instantly. And then when i called you out on it. You attacked me. Was I rude yes, was I a fool no.

A curl of his lips. You have my word I won't come near this part of the coast again.

His shoulders were tense and he eyed all three of them, keeping a weather eye on the surrounding area.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"fèmen bouch!" mireille laughed darkly as she backed from his heavy, yapping muzzle, signalling her intention to keep her word. "you say so much an' say not'ing. if you had turned away an' let dat be de end of it, we would not be here. but you needed to flap your mout' in de win' and disrespect de very leadership of dis pack."
she lifted her chin with pride and spat into the churned dirt, drops of his blood mixed in. "good. now go away."
her emerald eyes said he should shut his mouth and say no more, for her mother's own anger was rising she could see.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
what a very arrogant man. erzulie listened in growing, incredulous ire to this man continue his nonsense stream of words, doubling down on what he had earlier said.
when mireille ordered him away, she quit his hindquarters and circled around. 
should he say another word she would reach to pinch his flank in her fangs, achingly ready to restart their conflict if he did not show submission to her daughter's mercy. and rhaegal would join her.
her own mismatched eyes singed the man.
179 Posts
Ooc — delaney
rhaegal moves: a small movement to mirror erzulie's own, taking him towards to stand opposite her, towards the other side of the raven hued loudmouth.

for a man who wanted to be left alone, spitting out excuses and wished to leave the fact that he was still standing there spitting at mireille was yet another contradiction.

the ravenwinged stranger was full of them. and as annoying as the birds whose color he'd siphoned.