Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
All Welcome 
"i'm not sure how long you can hide, @Jawahir."

the sesh's eyes were hardly adjusted to the dark. her offering of an otter killed beside the serpent lake lay in the shadows. "the queen has whelped her brood. the pharaoh does not want her to nurse them."

tavina slid gingerly down with a click of her tongue. purple eyes were fond upon @Nazli and @Zakariya

"i think pharaoh will be pleased with what you have given akashingo."
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
they need me more, the new mother countered, curving closer to both children where they were nested.

if they are to serve their master, they need me. my milk is for them; the queen -- she will be fine, at least a few days more. that is what jawahir demands.

pleasing the pharaoh has always been their focus. it was not until they looked upon these frail bodies that this changed, that the priority reshaped the hebsut. watching every breath as if it were their last; a taste of stolen air.

a sigh.

what can i do? desperation.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
tavina nodded. she would not argue with jawahir on that point. but as fellahin, the jewel's children also belonged to the mesa.

"tell him that during your search you were waylaid by a man. explain that it is not your fault this occurred." her deep amethyst eyes searched jawahir, then fell to the pups once more.

"the longer he believes you gone, the more it looks as though you have deserted akashingo. whatever you decide, i will speak on your behalf."
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
The truth? Jawahir could say those things and mean them. They could speak of the white furred man and let him claim these halfbreeds, but that served no one.

I will not lie to my lord, the mother claimed.

They are Ramesses; even if he does not know of them, or does not see my son as the same as one of Satsu's, they have sun blood.

An edge to their voice next. He knows I would never desert Akashingo. I will go to him soon... but the children, they must be safe and hidden. If sharing their milk ensures that they live, I will barter for that.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
tavina felt that jawahir was delirious. the jewel had given birth alone and was now faced with the anger of their lord. and so she did not speak, only nodded again. 

"i will keep watch over them." her purple eyes studied the coyote. "i'm invested in them too. it doesn't matter how they came to be. but they're part of akashingo now."

"offer first before you are commanded to give the queen's children your milk." tavina did not want to interfere in the dynamic of the hebsut with the pharaoh. she only wanted jawahir to remain canny. "another week, perhaps?"
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
alright. an offer. they were frustrated; emotional in a way they did not want to be and could not control. hormones? never again, thinks jawahir.

satsu was a mother now - a wife of ramesses - and would need to understand they all had roles to play. even if they did not agree on much between one another, or tolerate one another much, this would benefit everyone.

protect them with your life, tavina. It was too much to ask, and so they demanded.
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
the sesh blinked.

"of course i will."

on impulse, though neither of them were much for touch, or so she assumed, the physician leant forward to give jawahir a steadying bump of her head. "these things happen. and ramesses adores you. his anger will be swift. and then it will be over." but she did not need to tell these things, not to the jewel.
Akashingo
NPC
279 Posts
Ooc —
Their heads touched. A moment of silence passed from Jawahir while Tavina breathed and gave her words.

They did not know what to say. It was the first time Jawahir had done something so impulsive within the reign of the Pharaoh and there was no escaping that wrath.

Without comment Jawahir lingers there a moment and then draws away, escaping while their willpower allowed it.