Lion Head Mesa A squeaky pain upon each breath
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
Sayf made his way to where @Satsu cared for the prince and princesses. From his jaws, hung a plump quail he had caught just for her. He knew she would need to be cared for, and it was his job, along with the other fellahin, to ensure she wanted for nothing. 

He had not interrupted the birthing process on the day they were born, glad to leave and take care of other things while Satsu brought the pharaoh's children into the world. But he had been curious about them, and he was eager to see them. 

The hebsut approached the queen's quarters and paused in the doorway. A chuff would announce his presence, and he would wait to be invited inside.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
The girls slept well. It was the boy that kicked and fought between them, which then kept Satsu from a proper sleep. She was busy with his fussing body when Sayf came to the door.

For a time she was too distracted by his body's machinations to look up; the scent of meat made her belly rumble quickly enough, and she eventually quelled the mighty child so that he might drink from her, and then sleep.

With a sigh she lounged back upon the furs, and saw Sayf. A beckon of her wrist invited the fellahin to enter - and she eyed what was brought.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Sayf heard the tiny complaints from one of the children, and he waited in the entrance for the queen to soothe him. He did not want to interrupt her.

Finally the child was calmed and Satsu lay back, a flick of her delicate wrist inviting him inside.

He walked over and placed the meal on the ground near her. My queen, he greeted, offering her a deep bow. I have brought you a meal. The hebsut motioned to the quail with his muzzle. I can get you anything else you need, as well. He was at her service, as always.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
A meal was welcomed with a flash of greed within her eyes.

Thank you, she murmured in response, and took to the food immediately. Soon enough her children would be shedding their milk teeth and be desirous of something more substantial, which was a moment that could not come soon enough for Satsu.

She loved them - loved their proximity, their little sounds, their newborn smell, and yet... In the days after their birth, she found herself pining for time away from them more and more. They were greedy, needy little things. Lovable for as long as her hormones allowed.

A sigh. I only wish to stretch my legs, but for that I would have to call upon a wetnurse. And she could do that. Jawahir would not be far. There was a resistance within Satsu to allow it to happen, though. Tell me how the palace fares instead. I cannot be out there, but you can.

A patient look descended across Satsu's features as she peered upon Sayf, then.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Absolutely no thanks was necessary; he served the queen just as he served Akashingo, and this was one of the many thing he would do for her.

She wanted to stretch her legs but he couldn't help her with that; he was not a wetnurse. But he could tell her of things happening in the mesa. 

Spring has arrived, my lady. The mesa is quite lovely this time of year. Sayf paused when he thought of something. I will be sure to paint your quarters with all the spring flowers that paint the mesa; then it might feel like you there and not here. He looked to her for her approval or dismissal of the idea. He never really knew with the queen what pleased her most like he did with the pharaoh. 

It has mostly been business as usual, my lady. He searched for something interesting to tell her. I have been put in charge of finding and readying your children's quarters; they will each have their own. Do you have any requests? Her say was important since she knew them best.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
Sayf did as asked, though not with as much detail as the queen craved.

It was Spring. What did the mesa look like in the spring? Were the empty groves full of new buds, and color, and the seeping floral scent of blossoms? Was the wellspring still cold or had it begun to warm? And the palace - the people, did they fare well? Had justice been found for their dead Jodai?

Business as usual. Satsu wondered what that might mean. The business of the Pharaoh was one based in the peddling of flesh, the satisfying of appetites. It didn't hurt her to think of her husband with his little toys so much now, because Satsu knew she was the one true Queen of this place.

It sounds lovely, she said in response to Sayf's limited description.

I have been put in charge of finding and readying your children's quarters. Something about that decree prickled at Satsu, but she couldn't determine why. She loved her children - or so she told herself. Do you have any requests?

Hm, no. The queen did not care what the rooms were like. They would be sufficient for their purpose, of that Ramesses would make sure. Satsu had birthed and fed this new generation of royalty and now that they were growing, she didn't know what her role should be.

My husband, he is pleased? She smirks slightly at the question, finding a less-than-hidden meaning there. I am sure he has designs for his son.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
She had no requests, but that was fine. If you change your mind, my lady, you have only to ask. His words were genuine.

Was the pharaoh pleased? He wondered in what way she was referring; his master was pleased in many different ways. But she continued and he knew the queen was referring to the children. It seems that he is. Sayf didn't miss the smirk, but he refrained from commenting on it. I know he plans to send him to Mereo to train as a soldier once he is old enough. Maybe this was not meant to be discussed with Satsu, but he couldn't see any reason why that would be the case. She was the mother to the royal children, after all. 

And the princesses? he asked. Do you have anything planned for them, my lady? They were not as important as the pharaoh's heir, but they served their own purpose.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
Siptah, a warrior? Of course. It was a rite of passage for many men. Satsu was pleased by the idea and began to exude a contentedness as she thought of him, older and stronger and greatly skilled like his grandfather.

And the princesses? Sayf queried, drawing a small shrug from Satsu.

They will be tutored, like their brother, with a focus on topics more appropriate for them. My, she sounded so much like her own mother in that moment, it was shocking. Manners, histories of our people, how to move and talk and, of course, understand their roles as princesses.

And if they should want to dance, or fight? Satsu knew the pull of the taboo; she had followed her heart and ultimately failed herself, and her family, by doing so.

They will strengthen our kingdom, in time.
230 Posts
Ooc — hela
Yes they will, he agreed. The prince and princesses were the mesa's future. 

I will let you rest now, my lady, he said next. I will return later with another meal for you and some flowers from around the mesa.

He dipped his head and turned to leave unless stopped. 

figured we could wrap this up?