Barrier Gulch they say looks can kill and i might try
40 Posts
Ooc — hela
Private 
@Candle 
@Zoug (if he wants to stumble across her)
broken left rear leg

The pain in her leg was unbearable. She couldn't sleep and she barely ate, not that there was much brought to her in the way of food to begin with. The days were hot and the nights were cold. A few times, the princess wondered if this was punishment for her actions in Akashingo. Maybe Senmut was correct. Maybe she wasn't meant to be pharaoh. Maybe she was meant to do something else and now the gods were angry with her. She had never suffered like this, nor had anyone ever treated her with such violence. And such a small girl too. She had known exactly how to make Ashikaga weak, though. She was smart but so was the princess. 

And Meldoy. Tears stung the corners of her eyes. Was that a punishment too? Or maybe she was cursed to lose those she loved. 

She shivered where she lay just out of the light of the moon. It was so cold, and she was so tired. She was in so much pain. And the crickets went about their business, singing in the night like nothing was out of the ordinary. Like a princess wasn't trapped within the red sand and rock walls of the gulch. Her fur was dusty and stained red. The sand was everywhere and she had given up caring about it. It was hard to care about much with her leg the way it was and with no help in sight. 

Still, she prayed.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
Hope this is OK, can be a cameo (only visible to Ashikaga!)

daughter!

pulled across the sky as a reaching cloud. satsu could sense her, could seek her, and watched now the struggle of her darling girl.

the mist slowly spread across the path before ashikaga, lingering and cold like the oncoming winter. a pair of blue eyes glowing there among the white.

ashikaga,

my daughter...

hurting herself, mourning the absence of her girls and the rising power of toula, satsu mourned what should have been. her figure shimmered and became briefly visible to ashikaga - a glimpse - but she could not stay.

her voice alone now, calling: come home. your throne awaits.

thereafter, silence as the spirit faded.
The Tribe
Mediator*
190 Posts
Ooc — ebony
hope this turn is all right! <3

a day ago he had come across a massive gathering of wolves.

and now another lay ensnared not so far from them.

zoug did not approach. he took another long route back to the tribe, to @Sari and @Candle and @Koa and @Talisman.

"woman," he said of his mate, a sound-word and movement made only for her, "change my words for their ears."

translate.

he would not use formal signs; "there are many, many wolves gathered together, more than i have ever seen. tribekin are with them." he did not understand this. "a wolf is wounded in the dunes. she cannot stand."

quick flicks of his wrist, the words that would only sound like grunts to those unused to how zoug spoke.

he hoped candle had enough words to explain.
italics: guttural shifts in tone (clan words)