Hideaway Strath But when you're not there I just crumble
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 

Tagging Adlartok for reference

Just as quickly as he'd departed @Adlartok, the hound located @Fury, tending to her children.

Approaching softly, as to not disturb the whelps, Arashi greeted the pale woman with a gentle nudge against her cheek. He hadn't even begun to forget their former time together, but as much as he would have wished for those moments to continue here, there were important matters to discuss.

So, Adlartok. He began smoothly, setting himself to sit directly facing the Warchief. What's your impression of him? The time to withhold his judgement was now. He would wait to see what she thought first.

This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Warqueen smiled upon the gentle nudge to her cheek. She knew who was there, and would glance once to her sleeping daughters before moving the conversation outside.

Sitting down in the edges of the mouth of her den, the Warqueen would answer her Consort.
"He gave me a good first impression. Listened more than spoke, didn't shy away in the mention of our many foes...I think he has potential, at the least." She answered.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Potential... He'd utter in a mirrored, almost mocking state. 

Here was where the judgmental side of Arashi took hold.

He certainly seems committed, but his tone bears harshness... he will need to be molded well if he is to ever pass for a soldier. Discipline is not something I see coming easily. He plays submissive, sure, but when an opportunity comes for him to speak out? I think he'd take that without question.

There was always time to see change, but for some, time seemed far too limited. 

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury considered Arashi's words. 
His opinion was sound, she hadn't checked in with the Private since she granted him entry, and made a mental note to do so later.

"I will work with you to assure he knows what's expected of him." She said.
"What are your plans for him?" She would ask, allowing the General the spotlight to see if he had any suggestions on teaching the elder dog new tricks, so to speak.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Plans? Was he supposed to have plans? No pressure there... none at all.

Well... He began, tongue twisted a bit while short of the right words. Firstly, it's important to know where he stands skill wise. Only by showing it, can he prove just how decent he is. Once I-.. we get a taste for what he can do, we can go from there.

But where would they go from there?

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury continued to listen as her Husband spoke of what he had in mind.
It seemed he wasn't so sure where to go, past a certain point, but in honesty, neither was she.

"Once we know of his skill, I think for now we can make use of him best as a Warden. Once my children are old enough, they will join the efforts, of course." She responded.
Her initial goal had been to raise an army to take revenge on the wolves who did her wrong, but now, she wasn't so certain that was what she wanted. 

She would open up about it later, she supposed.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Arashi simply nodded, putting in effort to argue or additional input. If she thought that was the best course of action, then he would trust it. He had no reason not to.

I've already begun teaching @Sovereign. Figured any time was better than none to start, if they are to begin playing a part soon. There was doubt that Fury would be upset about it, considering she had shared some lessons herself, but it was a bit different considering he was not their true paternal figure. Had he crossed a boundary approaching her children so soon?

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He had begun mentoring her eldest. 
Fury smiled with approval at his words, nodding in agreement to his sentiment.

"She is a promising girl, my daughter." The Warqueen mused, "I imagine she will take to everything smoothly as she grows." 
'Everything' was a broad term, but she had a feeling Arashi would know what she meant. 
Sovereign was already shaping up to be much like her mother in personality. Would she also take on traits from the General? 
Time would only tell. 
But for now, it was simply a matter of watching and waiting to see how her children would turn out...
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

"I imagine she will take to everything smoothly as she grows."

She has already and will continue to. One day soon, Sovereign will become a formidable opponents, even to us. And that was saying something. Sure, Arashi was no prideful individual, but he knew his strengths and would continue to hold intransigent confidence in his capabilities.

I know the first time we trained, it was more of a spurred decision... however, as her mother, I wanted to see how you felt about me continuing to train her... permanently? As the General, it was already his duty to ensure those who chose a fighting path were trained well; but, Sovereign was no simple soldier. Regardless of his relationship with Fury, she would always have the final say when it came to her children and he would never dare overstep those bounds. Whatever Fury wanted, he would oblige with, especially when her whelps were involved.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Warqueen smiled with bright approval as Arashi agreed with her sentiment. 
Then, he brought one of his own. 

"I would love for you to be her primary teacher in training." She agreed. After all, most of her mother-daughter training sessions would likely have to take place behind the scenes, for Trade purposes.

Wink wonk.

"I trust in you and your ability to help her grow into such a formidable force." 
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

So sorry for the shortness of the post! Rushing to play catch up today, haha.
Knowing that he had her approval pleased him greatly. For a mother to have such trust in whom will spend a great deal of time with her children was truly nothing to take for granted.

It is an honor to know that you trust her with me. He offered with a small dip of his head.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury smiled as her husband spoke to her trust in him. 
"I trust you not to push her if she's not ready for something, and to keep her best interests and safety in mind." She responded with a wave of her plume.
Arashi had proven time and again he wasn't like her father. 
That he was safe. And that meant everything to the Warchief. 

no worries! <3
Health (100/100)