Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
All Welcome 
this is for @Valiria/@Alivia/@Aquillius/@Cornelius, any single, combo, or all! <3

some in mereo were going to the palace.

all that she had become in the vale faded and returned to her first veil as she entered the red sands of the canyon.

she would go first to lady ruenna, for she was curious about the first litter born here. and perhaps being in the vicinity of children might remind her body that she too wished to birth them.

she had brought a length of goat-bone and lay it upon the ground, crooning toward the doorway.
Akashingo
NPC
nesting in the thorn bush
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Scrapping my idea of writing all his replies like screenplays because its tedious af... lmao.

With the family patriarch and his guards dispatched for an away-mission to their southern neighbours, only the bare bones of Mereo remained.

There were bodies enough to keep the remaining civilians safe - and mother was here, to keep Cornelius and his siblings warm and fed, but for the first time since his birth he had begun to notice the routine of his life - and the abrupt shifting of some aspects made him a little harder to handle.

He didn't like how swiftly things changed.

When someone arrived outside where Cornelius had been sleeping, he forced himself to wake up and focus (in so far as a child could manage it; sort of like looking for Santa when one should be asleep in bed) - and drew himself to the doorway, from which he could see the wolf and the bone.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
<3

a blink and there was a boy.

though quite little, he already greatly resembled the imperator. this amused her. she wondered if the daughters had ruenna's look.

"hello, sweet one. i am tamar. i have brought a gift," she said, pushing the bone closer. "do you see?" she did not approach, wanting to keep him from being spooked at all by her strange presence.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Cornelius was used to his mother being present, or his father coming to visit for lengths of time. This was neither of those familiar faces. This was a hazy golden creature whose voice was soft like a lullaby.

He took an immediate interest in the bone she offered. There was no fear within Cornelius; it had not been born in to him and neither of his parents saw fit to teach it. He was otherwise a child of utmost restraint, except in this singular moment.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
wow this is outdated my B do u want to continue or have another when she visits again?

he stepped forward and she grinned.

"it is from a mountain goat. come and see," she urged, taking a backward step. "you chew. with your teeth." she demonstrated.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Up to you, I'm OK with continuing if you wanna!

Within moments of reaching the bone for inspection, the woman was giving instruction. Cornelius' head tilted one way then the other as he listened, and after some consideration brandished his teeth in a big wordless grin - so as to say, teeth! I have those! Look!

She was chewing at the bone and Cornelius decided he wanted to do that too, and when given the opportunity he fell upon the bone with gnashing baby fangs; then he withdrew with the bone, dragging it in to the den without question. Mine!
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
ok!

his puppy teeth grabbed for the gift. 

the boy began to parade away with it. tamar snaked forward and grabbed its end. a low, encouraging growl suggested a tug-of-war, though she was prepared to surrender either way if the boy truly intended to keep it.

behind her hips, her tail swung in delight.
Akashingo
NPC
52 Posts
Ooc — Chan
What was this?

He held one end, she the other. Was it not for him? But he had decided it was his! His grip tightened as much as he could make it, baby teeth scratching the surface.

He shook his head and then pulled straight down, finding enjoyment in the struggle.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar let herself be pulled.

she pretended to fall to the ground. she let go of her end.

"good job!" she praised with a bright smile before slowly attempting to grab it again.