Hideaway Strath Only love can hurt like this
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

For @Fury and @Sovereign, following shortly after this thread

Sovereign had indeed done well during her first lesson (with him, anyway), and as promised, the General would be the one to praise her in the presence of her mother and Warchief.

From the hidden clearing where their training had taken place, Arashi led the white child back to her former whelping den. Upon approaching the entrance, he chuffed softly — or as much so as his rough vocals could manage — to see if his mate was within. If not, they would need to wait for her return.

Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The Princess stopped at Arashi's heel as they approached her former den. 
Mom was still gone. 

Sovereign looked up at the General with a hesitant voice. 
"Mom went to see our friends, right? I don't think she's back yet..." 
The child boldly approached the mouth of the den underneath her new dad and sniffed. 
Fury's scent was stale here. The girl was correct, her mother was still away.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Yes.. what you say is true, He answered flatly, taking a moment to sniff the entryway himself.

It had been a few hours at the least. Shouldn't she have returned by now? Part of him wanted to part with the child and go off to search for Fury, but that would only show his lack of faith in her capabilities. She was more than able to tend to her own self. 

We will have to wait, then. The General grunted, seemingly displeased in the delay.

Settling over his haunches just outside the den, Arashi faced wayward, eyes fixed on the distance. In this moment, Sovereign's presence was known, but unacknowledged. 

Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign looked up at Arashi as he spoke, giving a vaguely confused and wounded pout as he said they would have to wait. 

The ignorance of her presence was a bit sharp to her pride, wasn't she good enough to talk to at least?!

But the princess wouldn't voice this, instead sitting next to the General and waiting alngside him for her mother.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
LMAO I'm so sorry i took forever to have Fury join this  

The Warchief had returned after a while. 
The journey took a bit longer than she had expected, but upon seeing her husband and her daughter awaiting her outside their former den, she perked her ears and trotted up to them with an inquisitive gaze. 

"Has something happened?" She asked, looking at Sovereign again to see if her eldest was injured at all. She didn't seem to be...
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Relief overcame him as Fury slid into view.

Once close enough, the General stepped forward and offered an affectionate lick of greeting to her ear and then brushed his chin along her crown. 

Nothing wrong at all, He replied with a low hum. Just waiting for you to return so Sovereign can share the events of our training today. 

Arashi then turned his gaze down to the child expectantly. 

Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign's tail wagged excitedly as her mother came into view. 
She watched as the General approached and offered affection, which her mother would reciprocate.

As the spotlight went to the Princess, she Retold everything Arashi had gone over with her in an excitement only ambitious children could have. 

Her gaze brightened with hope and eagerness as she asked "Did I do good mama?" 
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury returned Arashi's affections with a nip to his cheek fur and a sway of her plume.
Then, her daughter recalled her first training session with the General.
She spoke of tactics, how Arashi had told her of the importance in size difference and wit.

"You've done beautifully, my dear." Fury praised. Her gaze slid to her husband then; "Do you feel the same, General?"
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

When coaxed to recall his thoughts on the child's performance, Arashi dipped his heavy snout in agreement.

There is still much for her to learn, He began, surreptitiously berating the dagger for celebrating so soon. But yes, she did well. Finally, some sense of praise from the creature that so happened to be far from a cuddly teddy bear.

Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign's ears slanted a slight bit as Arashi said there was still much to learn.
The tone, more so than his statement.
But his agreement with her mother brought a joyful beaming smile to her face.

"I won't let you down!" She vowed eagerly.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury smiled warmly as Arashi said his piece, noting also the way her daughter vowed excitedly to not let him down.

Oh, how she knew her daughter would keep such a promise!
The Warchief was silent, giving her husband reign over their little meeting.
Health (100/100)