Nimbus Summit Long before it all began
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic

Arlette had only ventured a little outside of the strath ever since her return two weeks ago. The medic was feeling better, and went to look further for medicinal plants and herbs now summer was at its peak. She had been at Cedar Sweep a few days prior when she had noticed other scents. She pinpointed those scents to another pack. She stayed clear of it but curiosity about their neighbors stayed in her mind.

Today she had decided to bring them a visit. She let @Fury know before she left about her plans to visit their neighbors. She didn't come empty handed. She had brought some reed bulbs and burdock root for fevers. The pale female approached the border of the mountain, giving it a respectful distance. She then howled for its leaders to announce her arrival.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Much had changed in Atautsikut. Wolves had left, leadership had gone, and now Calida had stepped up. When the call came for leadership, it took her a moment to realize that now, she must respond. Squaring her shoulders, the newly-made alpha made her way down the summit, heading for borders. It took her some time, and she greeted the stranger with a dip of her head and a low chuff. "Welcome to Atautsikut. What brings you here?"
Physical Health (100/100)

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette went to sit down and waited at the border. It didn't seem there was a response right away, perhaps it was because the leadership was on the other side? Eventually someone approached. Arlette perked up her ears and stood up again. Oh hello, she greeted.

I'm Arlette, from the Saints. Your neighbor, she clarified. She then picked up the roots and reeds she brought. She stepped closer and placed it down. I wanted to to make contact as our packs haven't really connected, I believe. I brought reeds and roots. It is a gift, as I am a healer of the Saints. Wanting to start on good terms, she hummed.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Arlette introduced herself, and Calida nodded politely as she spoke of the gifts she had brought. Smiling, Calida said, "Thank you. I'm Calida, by the way — one of Atautsikut's new alphas." She glanced down to the reeds and roots, hoping that Antha knew how to use them, for Calida did not.

"I met with your leader some time ago." Though, Calida did not know the first thing about diplomacy. Ears angling back lightly, she sighed, "I wish we had a gift for you in return, but I'm afraid there has been much change in my pack lately."

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was surprised that the female was so open with her. She dipped her head. If you hadn't told me that I would have believed you were the alpha since the start, she admitted. But she was glad that the other was open. That helped at least. It didn't seem she was against any alliance. Arlette was working on her diplomacy as well.

Ah yes, Fury. I am here instead of her. She almost wanted to call her Nyra but the female probably didn't know that name. I didn't expect anything in return. So you shouldn't worry, Arlette assured the other. Is there anything we could perhaps help with? Or are there some internal matters that just need to be sorted out?
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida chuckled at Arlette's admission, not quite believing it herself — surely the other woman was just being polite. Either way, it didn't bother Calida. Talk turned to Atautsikut, but the new Alpha doubted the other could help. She told her with a small frown, "No, we... we've just lost some numbers is all." And she wasn't certain Atautsikut could survive, but she would not voice this. Not yet.

She smiled at Arlette again, this time a bit forced. "Fury mentioned she and my previous leaders had mentioned an inter-pack hunt. Perhaps we could schedule that for a future time?"

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded in sentiment. She understood. Especially with low numbers, it was tough sometimes. "If you ever need help I am sure the saints would welcome you." Arlette would make sure of that. But she didn't want it to come that far for Atautsikut. "If you gain new members, or if someone of your current crew is interested in healing, they can come to me for lessons," she offered. She wouldn't mind a student, as she felt now confident enough in her healing.

Arlette was surprised about the pack hunt, but that was a good idea. She was not much of a hunter but she could always help. "I agree, I will tell @Fury that we can continue with the inter-pack hunt," she smiled.

tag for reference as Arlette would have told Fury at arrival home
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Calida was not sure what she would do if Atautsikut disbanded — she didn't think she could just join another pack. After all, the only reason she'd joined up at the glacier was because Tuuluuwaq had saved her life. And now he, and Lane, and the others were gone. Calida didn't fully understand it, or accept it... but she accepted that she could not change that. That she could not bring her friends back.

She would just have to make new ones. She smiled at Arlette, dipping her head. "Shall we try for a month or two for now?" She gestured north, to the nearby glade. "We could hunt the glade."

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head. I will tell Fury. I think hunting the glade will be a good idea. I think it is nice that we can arrange this. Arlette would do her best to get everything arranged, and tell Fury. She never really had a political role before, but this wasn't too bad. She just hoped that she was a good spokesperson for the Saints. She would have a talk with Fury about that. She knew the Saints weren't like Easthollow. She also knew that she was sometimes too friendly.

"Well, I will leave you be then. Take the roots and reeds. Hopefully you won't need them, but if you do then I am glad it might have helped." Arlette dipped her head politely.
162 Posts
Ooc — The System
Last from Calida, I'll fade for us, ty for the thread <3

It was a plan — her first official act as alpha in the works. It made her feel a bit more confident. She dipped her head to Arlette, still smiling lightly. "Thank you. Feel free to visit again." The young woman would see Arlette off, watching her go for only a few moments before she, too, left.

Calida is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Calida is mentally well.