Redtail Rise She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe
Pledged
Bearclaw
808 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
Reki affirmed her declaration and seemed to be pleased with her claim. Of course, she wanted both of them in her entourage, especially given the fact that Ancelin seemed willing to provide for her needs. She chuffed quietly with satisfaction as he trotted off, and gave Reki a flattering smile. He might not have brought her food, but at least he’d helped her establish herself as being *popular* and she would reward such things with being amicable, for once. 

Before the handsome boy could return with an offering, another kid came out of the brush, and Lilia immediately bristled. A girl. And hence, a threat- especially given the chummy way Ancelin responded to her. Lilia boiled with jealousy, fanned by every beat of Ancelin’s tail. 

But her newest subject came with a peace offering. Not much of an offering, really- it was a dirty little mouse or shrew or mole or something, that’d been dug up. Beggars couldn’t be choosers, but Princesses could. Still- if Ancelin liked this girl, if she reacted with hostility, she’d lose his attention completely. 

Ancelin pronounced her name wrong- but she chose to overlook it and consider it a nickname.

She forced an appreciative smile. ”Awwwww! Thankth, Mathk,” It almost hurt to keep herself from screaming with disgust. Princesses needed poise. She could do this. ”Ekthellent idea, Anthlin. Tan you thow me to a thtweam? I’m thowwy, I jutht…Diwt upthet-th my thtomac…I’d like to wath thith off fiwtht.” She explained sweetly. To Reki, she gave the best puppy-dog eyes she could manage. ”Wecki, can you cawwy thith fow me, pweath?”
Messages In This Thread
RE: She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe - by Ameline - October 11, 2022, 06:15 PM