Northstar Vale inevitable
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Looking to tell Tamar about Reyson and her. Maybe some girly talk! 

Meadow drifted toward the den of @Tamar, realizing it was probably time she told her leader she had agreed to enter a courtship with Reyson. The desert she-wolf had been among the ranks of Mereo and would perhaps have some insight on the matter—particularly given their rules of courtship and such. 

With the rabbit in her jaws, she loped among the grassy lands, honeyed eyes eager to catch view of the woman.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
ABSOLUTELY

tamar greeted meadow with a glowing look.

she saw that her friend had a rabbit, and waited for the healer to put it down before she burst out, "do you want to be a teacher?"

her pale-tan eyes were radiant. she welcomed meadow closer, having little idea that she had been the one sought.
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Tamar—bubbly with an addictive personality. No sooner did she come across the Morphe was she greeted—and all practiced speech of what she had intended to say went out the window completely, caught by surprise to the question. I’ve wanted to teach for a long time now, she replied, gaze studying the warm features of her friend. Once I learned more of my craft.

Then, unable to help it: Why? And a pause, a small laugh. Listen, I was looking for you…
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar blinked.

"towhee wishes to teach. maxim wants to — learn new things. but i want to learn. and i think the children are ready also."

now her pale gaze shone with curiosity; she inched closer to meadow. "what is it?"
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Tamar wished to learn—wished her kids to begin their own paths of knowledge. “I’d love to teach anyone who wants to learn,” she agreed, her tail giving a gentle sway. She might not have been an expert in her field—always looking for the chance to extend her own knowledge—but she reveled in sharing what she did know with others.

Now, though, the sandwoman shifted closer to her, and a flush spread to Meadow’s cheeks—now or never. “Reyson and I have entered a… courtship.”
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar was about to suggest classes.

classes, such as the ones towhee had organized. but meadow seemed to pinken and then she explained a courtship. "oh!" tamar exclaimed, wide-eyed and surprised and delighted. "when?"

bit by bit the morphe grew more serious. "does this mean you might leave epoch?" she would not begrudge it, but the idea of losing a friend was difficult, even if she had gained one in towhee.
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
When? was the initial question from her leader and Meadow gave a soft hun, considering. The lead up had been coming, she assumed, from the moment the man had kept stubbornly appearing in her life. She had simply thought the idea impossible at the time. 

Now, she wanted to be optimistic. And yet here she stood, waiting for the other ball to drop. 

For something to happen. 

Reyson, after all, would be going to another pack for a term to prove his worth to Mereo. They hadn’t discussed much further after that. 

Very recently, she offered quietly, though her brows arched in immediate surprise at the next question. We’ve never discussed any of the… logistics yet, she hushed, her throat tightening. I don’t think… It’ll last. He’ll lose interest, she wanted to say, but caught herself. I don’t plan to rush anything.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar nodded.

"he could come to epoch," she said gently, eyes bright. "but if you choose to go to mereo, we will not be far." yet she hoped it would not be so.

but she could see a sisterhood between aquene and meadow.

"what do you like about him?"
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She didn’t realize she had been holding her breath until it released in relief—of course she could discuss it with Tamar. If she could talk to anyone, it would be Tamar, and Meadow felt a wave of admiration for the woman before her. You would be okay if he came to Epoch?

She paused, unable to consider what life would be like in Mereo. Loyalty was the one thing she truly strives for—leaving Epoch wasn’t even a question she could consider. And she just didn’t know how Reyson would react to that. 

He’s… kind. And funny, after you break down that wall he puts up.  Easy to talk to… She blushed. He’s easy on the eyes.

Then, after a pause: How did you know Arsenio was the one for you? Because a certain broody soldier certainly also shadowed her mind…
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar nodded quickly.

"if you love him, then you will make a home together. let that be here or mereo, so long as you are happy, my sister."

tamar glowed. "he sounds very nice, meadow. worthy."

something clenched her stomach; bittered memories. "he protected me when i had no one else."
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Tamar was quick to assert that happiness would be granted, no matter which pack it would be within, and tentatively, Meadow would lean forward to brush her cheek to the gentle woman’s, eager to stamp away any lingering doubt of her loyalty. “I am of Epoch and will stay with Epoch,” she firmly murmured.

Too many had left her in her life. She was not willing to do the same to those who not only opened their home to her, but offered a lasting friendship.

When Tamar revealed a peek at her and Arsenio, Meadow felt a gentle stirring—almost wishing the response was something she could relate to. In a way, it was—Reyson had gone above and beyond to protect her, even from afar.

So why did her mind every so often wander to an old crush… and even worse, a newer one, with a futile ending? She longed to speak of it—her mouth opening as if to do so, before clamping shut, her bravado failing. She failed to come up with anything in that moment, pulling back as she considered her thoughts.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
832 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
fade? <3

tamar was grateful for the touch.

and for meadow's measured reassurance. she knew it to be true and so she would embrace it. "i believe you. this is part of you, this land."

she had seen how easily it came to the healer. "if reyson comes here, i see no reason why you cannot be a mother. if that is what you want." her eyes were quick and teasing and wondering!
Loner
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
definitely can fade here and assume meadow offered this info to her

Tamar’s words meant more to her than perhaps the woman knew—and surprised, Meadow looked over the beautiful she-wolf, feeling a certain note of awe and panic blossom in her chest. A mother? The thought had always pulled at her—she had wanted it—but the opportunity had never presented itself.

And, she wasn’t even sure she could, after so many years of suppressing herself with herbs and medicine.

“I want that very much one day,” she confided, her nose reaching to graze the cheek of the Morphe. “I just don’t know it will be possible.”

And from there, she would offer the brief insight of abandonment—of hiding her heat and perfume with suppressants—with the admission that she wasn’t even sure she knew what a true heat was.

Reyson, for all she knew, would be sorely disappointed and leave at the knowledge she confided to her friend.