Lion Head Mesa ask the angels: am i heaven-bound?
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
she had been ill all week.

tavina protested for further leniency on her behalf, a stoppage of nazli's work, and by now even the girl was against it.

she struggled to get through her days without feeling dizzy, or ravenous, or ill at the first mention of food; it was like she wanted everything and nothing within the same instant, and it was maddening. the worst of it came subliminally:

the stares, the whispers, feeling watched even when she knew she was alone.

in taking time to herself, finally, nazli followed a servant's path to the realm outside the palace and breathed the evening air, her eyes closed and skin trembling as her short perpetual-summer coat began to bristle.
107 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Despite being surrounded by servants skittering to and fro, Diantha found herself feeling more lonely now than she had felt when she was physically alone. At least out there, it had been her choice. Here, everybody seemed to have their eyes to the ground, muttering quiet words to each other, and—quite frankly—she felt ignored. This would not do, and Diantha decided to roam outside the caverns.

It seemed she was not the only one. Unfortunately, Diantha wasn't exactly great at conversation. Instead, she kicked a stray red stone (her new favorite activity) toward the small young fellahin.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
fresh air helped some.

there was the sound of stones scattering wild across the earth, and nazli turned too sharply, so when she tried to focus on the wolf she also felt an immediate wave of nausea and began to openly gag. the dry-heaving stopped through sheer force of will.

i'm -- sorry, its not you, i --

she recognized the woman! well, in the vague sense that a servant could recognize a master. this was one of the newest nebet to grace the palace. nazli had not gotten her name. the girl was red in the face and felt heat in her ears for how embarrassing the moment was.

i am under the weather. she dipped her head and clamped her mouth shut, demanding her body obey her for once. it felt like she was at war with herself! if there is... anything, i can do for you... oh, but she couldn't even get the words out! instead there came a hot stream of bile, splattering the stones by her paws.
107 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She apologized, and Diantha found that any attention was better than nothing. It was the most conversation she'd had since speaking with the pharaoh. Honestly, if you can cure me of this boredom, that would be great. What's your name? And aren't there healers to help with that kind of thing? What ever happened to that one that got knocked out real bad? Diantha found herself thirsty for knowledge.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
her ears shifted, fluttering back, feeling too big for the rest of her.
knocked out...? nazli did not know what the woman was talking about. her face scrunched with concern briefly, and she licked her lips, tasting the bitter notes lingering there.

i am being treated, she confirmed. tavina has been doing her best. i... i still have my duties, some which had been delayed, others given up; but not wholly, as per the pharaoh's desire. nazli could not fathom being of no use, even ill.
107 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
going to fade this one if that's ok! i know you mentioned getting the whelmies and maybe taking a break, plus diantha is rude. <3

She didn't know anything, either. Fat lot of good she was. Not even a good conversationalist. Diantha rolled her eyes, then pulled herself away. No sense in talking to what amounted to a stone when she could talk to an actual stone.