This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
@Arashi, set for midnight of 1/13/2023 <3

Fury had thought long and hard about the safety of everyone within Hildibrandr, and the past she carried that put them all in danger.
Sovereign was still within the den she shared with Arashi, and the Fullvalda sat outside, poised and tall, regal even in her depth of thoughts.
A slow sigh as she began making her decision on the matter, she would expect her husband to look for her soon enough. 

She would not make this call without his voice as reason if there was another option besides getting them all killed.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The beastly man was not far off from the den.

Close to passing, he turned at the recognition of her near scent.

Swiftly, he joined at her side, flank pressing close against her own. Then he looked to find her expression. Something troubles you. There was no question of it. He could see this truth, plain as day.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Something troubles you.
Her husband, ever observant and knowing.
Taking a deep breath, she slowly exhaled and began to explain.
"My past within these Wilds is filled with death and conflict. It is...of my own doing, I must admit. And I do not want to put everyone in danger for my missteps if what I think will happen rings true." She paused for a while as she found the strength to continue.
"It is my life that I believe must be paid for peace to everyone, so...."
Another pause, breath eerily steady, gaze afire, certain.
"I want to pass on, under the watch of Hildibrandr. And I want you and Sovereign to lead in my place upon my death. I have found a small collection of what I believe is Hemlock within the cavern system...I mean to ingest it." She said, followed by, "Once I am gone, I would like you an Sovereign to take the remnants of Hildibrandr and settle elsewhere. Let news spread of my death, but do not tell the truth of your involvement." She seemed firm on this decision, but her gaze went to his own with inquiry on what he had to say on the matter. 
Clearly though, she wanted to do this both for Hildibrandr's safety, and out of pure, petty spite for the wolves who want her dead - that they may not have the satisfaction of killing her themselves. 
"I do not see another way to keep everyone safe." She uttered. 
This time, her voice shook ever so slightly.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She explained. But soon, her words rang loudly in his ears—a heavy thrusts that refused to subside.

I want to pass on...

... lead in my place.

take them and go...

It was all too much.

But Arashi knew one thing for certain. He wasn't going to allow it.

No. Simple, short, sharp

This was all he could muster. A single word and a firm stare. She couldn't... she wouldn't.. 

Would she?

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No.
She paused, looking upon him with a mixture of emotions that she couldn't yet place. 

Fury would still try to maintain some semblance of poise as she visibly began to break apart...
"Then what do we do if there is war upon us? I don't want anyone of Hildibrandr to die..." 
Her voice cracked as she took in a breath to attempt to steady herself again.
Her shoulders trembled as she fought to contain herself.
She had something to lose from all of the wreckage she had caused in the past, and she did not want it gone.

She waited for his answer.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Eyes falling low to his feet, the man surrendered a heavy, defeated sigh.

He wasn't sure how this would all play out, but he certainly wasn't about to suggest that she give up her life so that the rest could escape.

Though— was it ultimately his decision?

I don't know... He admitted, shoulders shifting slowly in discomfort.

As much as she, Arashi didn't want to seem them all crumble beneath the dirt.

Was this the only solution, or could there possibly be another?

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury watched his gaze fall, the discomfort in his shoulders as he admitted I don't know
So it seemed settled, then.
"I know it is painful to hear and will be painful to watch, but...it seems like you do not see another way, either." She uttered softly.
Tears began rolling down her face as she finished saying this. 
She did not want to leave them, that much was clear. 

But which evil would be the lesser?

She took another breath, slow, steady. 
"Have we reached a decision?" Fury asked after a long pause. 
If Arashi agreed to let her die, she would call the pack by dawn to announce her decision. 
And by the next sunrise, she planned to be gone.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Regardless of his true opinion, would she have listened and acted otherwise? Probably not. By saying no, he was merely delaying the inevitable. 

But when she asked a final time, he spoke no words. He would not say "yes" or "no", refusing to play a part in choosing. If she wanted to decide, she could do so for herself.

Rather than speak, Arashi simply pressed himself closer, enclosing her in his embrace. He did not cry, for all the emotion and pain he felt was trapped in his heart, stinging like a thousand hornets that would never die.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He said no words, and yet he was louder than ever. 
She heard his agony as he pressed himself close to her, and she nuzzled into him, licking his cheek a few times with love. 

She would meet his gaze with every word she felt she should say yet found she could not just yet. 
"I will call the Clansmen together at dawn." She uttered, "Until then...Know that I will always love you." She wrapped him as close as she possibly could with a low whine that said the romantically unsayable.
Health (100/100)