Redsand Canyon am i out of touch?
83 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
all welcome!
lots of tags for general reference! i left it vague as to who has been taking care of her specifically, so somebody can hop in and claim that role or it can be multiple somebodies taking care of her, whatever is best! :)

she was Fucked. capital F.

presumably somebody had helped her and @Tierra settle back into mereo. minne did not remember a whole lot that followed. only that she slept a lot the next day and a half because it kept the pain away for a while longer. yet on the second night after the whole ordeal, she found herself dizzyingly awake.

originally she had thought she had heard something. maybe the imperator @Germanicus had come calling or a medic (@Alstroemeria?) had come with word of her status. something more professional than Fucked. maybe it was another soldier who had come to gawked at the dog stupid enough to run among wolves, then get their ask kicked by a coyote.

it didn't matter as she met the cold air.

it only made her realize that her face felt hot despite the chill around her — and her gut. probably scorched out by whatever whoever had given her. holding only medicine in her system.

without a second thought, she was bent over and her jaws parted. which made her face hurt even worse but there could be no other choice as the little contents of her stomach was spilled across the cold, dusty ground.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The unmistakable sound of vomit against ground reached him, the smell shortly after, making his nostrils flare and his lips curl.

Nevertheless, Killdeer paused his patrolling and came closer—

You okay? This was one of the ones, Tierra the other, that had encountered the coyotes. He stared, worried, at her injured form, wondering if he ought to call for a healer.

She looked strange, but only slightly. And perhaps it was her injuries.
83 Posts
Ooc —
do i look okay?

but her voice was tired humor at worse. somehow content to sink into a pile next to her...pile. gross but she felt beyond caring.

i thought i heard something so i got up but... she blinked, found that somehow bloomed a headache too. what i have missed?

since she had been LARPing as a corpse the last two days.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Killdeer winced briefly before her tone registered; she was going for dry humor, which he understood. Not quite his cup of tea, but he understood. He gave her his most charming smile as he moved forward, ears swiveling to catch whatever noise she thought she'd heard.

Not much, Killer replied, shrugging. I heard you got into a fight with coyotes. How're you feeling? Can I do anything?

He was a warrior, but he'd be happy to provide other services when needed. At any rate, he stayed close, body language loose and friendly, tail swinging behind him.
83 Posts
Ooc —
maybe it was wrong, but she was glad that her company was at least handsome. kind, helpful. lots of good stuff. it made it easier to not be so embarrassed about her current state.

just...talking, is nice. honestly. even if her voice was tense and her head occasionally felt like it would spin off her shoulders. sorry that you didn't get to know a better version of me first though.

she laughed, tired and weary, but attempting to shoulder up her spirit anyway.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Good, Killer replied, then he cocked his head, confused. Better? I'm sure you're fine how you are. I mean, besides the injuries, I mean, he added sheepishly.

He sat down, limiting the space his bulky frame took up.

And smiled again.I'm Killdeer, he offered. I'm a guardian here. What about you?

She'd ended up fighting off coyotes alongside his mother; he was sure she had stories. And he was anticipating some good ones.

But he knew she needed her space, too.
83 Posts
Ooc —
i promise there used to be a version of me that didn't used to just...throw up all over.

another dry laugh. a bit strained against her bile burned throat.

it's minne. her thin, whip-like tail offered a few tentative beating sweeps. i was supposed to be like a...watcher or something. then i started training under tierra. we like scouted together. gave messages out and stuff.

and now i'm a burden on mereo she thought dryly.
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He laughed, and then felt bad about it. I promise I'm laughing with you, not at you, Killdeer said solemnly, though unable to stifle a few errant chuckles. 

Minne. He heard her out. Tierra would train her well, he thought. The two of them suited each other.

That being said, he like her a whole lot better than his aunt-cousin, who he still lowkey (highkey) resented for the grievous sin of not being Caracal.

You'll feel better soon, he promised. We've got great healers here. My Mom knows, like, every plant there is, and Aquene knows her stuff, too.

Not that he'd ever been hurt like this. He was kind of wondering when that would happen, actually. So far it seemed like everyone had gotten in a major scuffle except for him.

He would remain here until she wanted him gone; he hoped he could be good company.