Arrow Lake Laam
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The silver-furred medic had made the trek to the lake before. He had not anticipated meeting anyone of interest. His goal had been to survey the canyonland and map it from above, to know it in a way that did not involve pacing the length of Mereo’s claim.

This time, Cad hoped that he might see her again. River Sandraudiga, with a name like a windswept warrior from faraway lands. He had thought of her intensity for many days after their meeting. It had filled his mind with fuzzy thoughts, things that made no sense.

Even as he approached the coldbitten shore, Cad hoped that he might see the intense lope of the beach brown coat. The intensity of her gaze had not left him. The young man wondered how often she visited her old home.

Sniffing at the edge of the lake, Cad began to hunt for herbs.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Perhaps in a sick sense of masochism he went the way towards the lake. Perhaps it was just to make himself face everything and move foward. He didn't know. What he did know was he needed some space. He had promised he'd be back had told everyone where he was going. So they knew. Had Made sure Meadow knew he was coming back. Because he didn't wish to upset her. He just needed a moment to breathe and exist outside of Mereo and Epoch and away from the ones that had hurt him.

He had seen the other wolf, but was largely ignoring him. He seemed to be intent upon searching for something. Scarred visage bent towards the water and he took slow sips. Savoring the cold burn of something frozen. Then he lifted his head to study the sky.

Am I taking this absolutely. Is it okay to bring this forward dated?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
That's totally okay! :3

A flicker of russet was like a flash from Maofen.

Cad’s eyes turned to the man, fixating upon his figure and the scars that patterned his frame. His eyes were fixed to the heavens. The young figure wavered his tail. His ears pricked to full attention upon this stranger who was so clearly a soldier. The ginger-furred man was such a startling contrast to the woman called River.

Quick paws carried the peach-faced wolf toward the man in the water. His tail whisked back and forth.

Hello, he called out in a sweet voice.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Large head turned towards the pale figure with the mask of sand and peach. Made him think of the sweet fruit that hung from the trees. Syrupy and sweet.

Reyson caught scent of Mereo and Germanicus and Fennec and his stomach turned over. Bile rose from his throat, but he pressed it down. He didn't want to deal with someone from Mereo right now, but well he would.

He dipped his head a low rumble as he spoke. Hello. Reyson Ebonywood at your service.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
What a fine and proper gentleman. Cad was delighted to meet him.

Reyson, sir! A pleasure to meet you.

The silver-furred medic trotted forward on dainty paws. His mossy gaze was removed from the man’s scars. He was not the marks that had been made against him. He bore them as a prize for keeping his life. There was a steadiness to Reyson’s features, to the coldness in his eyes. Cad knew that this was a man who had fought great battles. He had seen them before.

Oh, I’m Cad. Cad Kin, sir.

A bright smile found his peachy face.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson dipped his large head down in acknowledgement of the wolf's words. Eyes going across the tiny healer. Silver fur and peach mask. He was absolutely pretty and it seemed that healers were always going to be a soft spot for him, and cause his attraction to grow. But unlike many others. He could admire a pretty face, but not act upon it.

Nice to meet you, Cad. You are from Mereo?

A brief smile lit up one side of his face. Then he settled to his haunches. He felt too large at the current moment, and wanted to find a semblance of normalcy. Much hung on his mind, but he as always was able to push it back for now. Think for the moment and not beyond.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Yes, sir.

Though, that wasn’t entirely true to say. Cad wasn’t from Mereo. He had merely found the canyon outpost by stroke of luck. The mountains had led him to the sanctuary and familiarity of a military pack. It had been the kindness of the Imperator that had allowed the medic a place to stay. He had hoped that he might have returned some of his memory, by then.

Well, I’m- I’m stationed there now. I was accepted by the Imperator, he clarified with a thoughtful blink. Mossy eyes trained to the man’s face. He was a handsome figure. Reyson looked as though he could have been a General of the Spice Sands. He carried himself with a familiar intensity.

Where are you from, sir?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
This one had been trained by soldiers, he felt it and he wondered at it. His eyes going to the peach mask again, such a pretty face.

He shifted and tilted a tattered ear forward. So this one had been accepted by the Imperator. He stayed there now, but by the sound of his voice, it was not what he had planned, but that was alright. The best laid plans often fell short.

He smiled. I was raised far from here. A wolf in a legion, commander of my own ranks. When we suffered great tragedies and for some unknown reason the universe saw fit not to let me die, though i begged for it. I came this way.

He swallowed and looked away. I was stationed in Mereo, made it to Legatus, before my own memories and my mind betrayed me and I was retired to Epoch.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The man shared of himself, offering things that Cad had never heard a soldier offer up so freely. He spoke of loss and of hard battles. He spoke of wanting to die. Then he had traveled and found his place in the Imperator’s ranks. The rank he’d held was foreign to the medic, so he did not understand its importance. The peach-faced wolf imagined that if he had been a leader to his men, Germanicus had seen his value and placed him appropriately.

Reyson’s mind had betrayed him, though. The man did not admit this with ease.

Cad took a step toward him. His healer’s eyes were firm upon the scarred soldier. The weight of his burdens was heavy enough to be visible. The young man had seen these things before. He had seen the horrid weight of bloodshed and war. It was brutal on the mind.

You gave a great service.

What else might he say to ease this pain?

Do you have dreams?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson would have never bared his soul in such a way before. And even now, it felt a bit like sandpaper to do so, but he also knew that he had to let it out somehow, and he had no other outlet. Wouldn't others have wanted to die given what he had gone through, perhaps he should have ended it, instead of worrying that Renaud would be disappointed in him, and Rook and Amity, but he hadn't.

Reyson offered a crooked smile, uplift of one side of his maw and shook his head. Not anymore little healer. Perhaps I will again someday. For now i just want peace.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The smile he showed was rough, crooked and somewhat wistful. Cad’s heart was heavy, thinking of the number of good men who had been brutalized by the experience of war. It did not seem fair that they should carry the pains of those battles. Even worse, Reyson bore the marks of his conflict on his flesh.

Oh, that he could heal such wounds. Cad felt inadequate, knowing that this man might still suffer from the service he had given.

His only goal was to live a life of peace.

Moss eyes diverted from the other man. Cad did not wish to show his sadness to Reyson. He felt that it might be inappropriate, that the soldier had already experienced enough sympathy in his lifetime. Pity would not tend to his hurt.

I meant do you have dreams about your battles? Nightmares…
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had been through hell and had come back out on the other side. Those he loved gone, his heart gone, ribs and body mutilated and bleeding, but he had pressed on. Because it was to honor them. Someone needed to remember them. And they would have kicked his ass, had he not anyway.

Reyson had seen sadness through the time he spent here. Pity though, he hated it more. It was fine to feel sorrow for what he went through. It was fine to worry after him, but never pity him. That was something he didn't like. Because everything he had lived had forged him into the creature they saw before them.

He gave a soft mm. Yes I do. Both in my waking dreams and my nightmares. I visit it often. And sometimes I'm there again.
65 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The peach-faced figure hovered, quiet, thoughtful.

Reyson had admitted his answer without shame. There had appeared a deep sadness in the soldier’s eyes. It was the sadness of a man who had seen days of death and bloodshed. Cad’s heart ached for him and for the pain he had endured. If the green-eyed medic could have carried the burden on his back, he would have taken it without hesitation, without remorse.

I may have herbs that could help- help you rest, he offered. This time, Cad’s voice was timid.

Some soldiers considered the medicines to be an insult. They carried their hurt with pride, with ego. Reyson did not seem the type of man to strut over old wounds. One could never be certain, though.

Without dreams.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had no shame for most anything in his life. At the time it had been the only choice or the one he felt was the best one. OF whatever it happened to be at the time. Did he feel loss and sadness and grief. Oh yes. More than his fair share, but never shame.

Reyson smiled at the youthful healer and shook his head. Though I appreciate the thought. I don't like to take any herbs that make me sleepy or impair my judgement. All to often they make the dreams worse. And I cannot wake up from them. And the ones that make me sleep to deeply. I Lose time.