Moonspear Mitsik
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The mountain was mighty in size. Its snowy peaks stretched overhead until clouds concealed the top.

Kannoyak walked with pheasant in his mouth. He had visited with the Moonwoman in the village in the stone nest. She had been kind to him and had given him much to think about. The green of her eyes had been knowing. The white hunter was confident that he belonged in the Teekon wilds.

Drawing near one of the paths on the mountain, the plum-eyed hunter paused. He placed the bird at his paws and sniffed the air. There were several wolves. The raindrop woman had collected her followers with ease, he imagined.

Picking the bird up, Kannoyak searched for the woman with hawk eyes.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
can't believe i didn't see this sooner!

Sialuk remained busy. Word of Tulukiri's passing meant that Sixsix was never far away. He whirled overhead, on the lookout for the cat that had taken her village sister's life. Sialuk had not known her, but she was of Moonglow, and she knew each wolf that made a home there was precious to anaa. It was good to have Sixsix with her, an eye above to keep her safe.

He croaked a message, but not of warning. Sialuk twisted her neck to look at him, questioning. Again, a croak of recognition. She snorted at him, wishing he could say more. But his language was limited, and she could only garner so much from him. It was a thing of interest, and he wished her to see it. Her angakkuk was rarely incorrect.

The raindrop picked her way down the mountain carefully, but easily. The knowledge of its slopes was returning to her swiftly, and soon, she spotted what her crow friend had seen: tappituk.

A smile; her gait hastened.

Kannoyak! she greeted, lightness in her step.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It's okay! I figured you were busy setting this beautiful place up. <3 Besides, I didn't even tag you >w< so thank you for joining.

As the woman approached, she smiled. A dark feathered bird fluttered alongside her. The white hunter admired it. He had only known the spiritual wolves to take companions in other animals. At least, it was this way in the little river village. The man thought to ask questions about Sialuk’s winged partner. When she spoke his name, he could not help but smile.

Kannoyak dipped his head in greeting. He nudged the pheasant toward her.

This one is pleased to see you, raindrop woman. The swift pheasant is my gift, he spoke with rumbling words.

The mountain looked powerful behind her. Sialuk had chosen her claim well. Many wolves would travel to behold the beauty of it. It must have felt good, knowing that her family was so near.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Kannoyak smiled at her greeting, presenting her with a gift! The bird was a bright array of brown and red with a ring of white around its neck. The raindrop already knew she would keep some of its long feathers to brighten her ulaq. It is lovely, she said, pulling the bird close with her three-toed paw. Some of the meat she would give to Sixsix for his continued service.

Her eyes met his own. Your spirit thinks of me since the gathering. It was a statement, rather than an inquiry. She had told him to visit if he felt drawn to the spear, and he was now here. He thought of her, and she felt warmth in her heart. This woman's spirit thinks of you, also.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The woman appeared pleased with his gift. Kannoyak felt his chest swell with familiar pride. The smile she had offered him was bright, pleasant. He wished that he had brought more, if only to prolong such an expression on her face.

Flattery warmed his belly when she spoke of her spirit, thinking of him.

This one has hunted with the Moonwoman. She is knowing. She is good.

Kannoyak had become enthralled by the two villages – Moonglow and Moonspear. The women who led them were beautiful and intense. He found great joy in their company. It was pleasing to discover similarities between the mother and daughter. The white hunter hoped that he might learn more, if given the time and opportunity.

There have been many thoughts of you. Your eyes followed in my mind. In every hunt, he had seen the sharpness of them – like a watchful hawk.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Kannoyak had met Kukutux. This was a good thing. Had he asked anaa of her daughter, she wondered. The woman felt a girl again, buzzing with delight in his thoughtfulness, of his desire to seek out her mother before coming to the spear. Perhaps he felt the bond between mother and daughter and knew it to be a precious thing to Sialuk.

She grinned at his words, a playful smile. She thought of Sixsix, and how some days she felt she could she the world through his eyes. Gently, she pulled the pheasant toward her, admiring its feathers a moment longer.

Mmmm, she hummed, this is not enough for a bride price. Another grin, this one with mischief behind it.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Oh, no. This was not my intention. The swift bird is only-

Kannoyak spoke quickly in his people’s tongue. He did not realize that he had done it until he looked upon her face and saw the glint of mischief that existed in her sharp eyes. The white hunter felt his cheeks grow warm with embarrassment. The raindrop woman may have only been teasing, but he did not wish for her to think that she was worth so little.

Raindrop woman is worth many more skins and meats. This is known.

Kannoyak did not want there to be any question. He understood her worth. He understood that she was important. The white hunter may have never paid a bride price, but he was not deterred by the idea of it. He had hunted with the Moonwoman, but they had not discussed a proper price for her daughter’s hand in marriage.

Does Sialuk seek a husband like Kannoyak? he asked with plum eyes fixed upon her.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Her teeth flashed in a grin when Kannoyak spoke with haste in his cousin language. It was her turn to feel warmth in her cheeks when he spoke of her worth. Sialuk had always been destined for greatness, and the woman was beginning to taste pieces of that part of herself. His question was bold, and Sialuk found herself admiring that quality in Kannoyak. He was not cunning with his words like Chakliux, nor was he unaware of what his heart wished for.

She does. And now it was her turn to show her boldness. She took a step forward, closing the gap between them, and sniffed the side of his neck.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The white hunter stood proud, tall! Kannoyak wished to make a good impression for the woman who inspected him with careful sniffs. He was pleased by the words that she shared with him. Her boldness was met with glittering eyes and a waving tail.

Words escaped him. The pale figure was careful not to seem so bold that he cast aside her role as leader of the mountain. He only wished for her to know that he was interested. Kannoyak wondered what the price would be for her hand in marriage.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
he can chase if he wants, or we can end here! <3

Sialuk withdrew, coy.

But not today, she grinned, darting in and nipping near his face before twirling around and speeding up the slope.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
This was so fun! ;w; I’d love another whenever you have the space. <3

The white hunter felt his fur ruffle.

She had lured him in. She had wrapped his eye around the intensity of her figure. As quickly as she had drawn interest from Kannoyak, she darted away. The man could not help but to laugh. It was a warm sound for a cold hunter. His large white paws moved to pursue. Kannoyak was a good hunter, after all. He did not mind the challenge.