Whitefish River running through the parking lot, he chased me and he wouldn't stop
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
She had to get off the mountain.

She had to get off that damn mountain, she had to get off it right now.

The numbness had begun to lift—one tear had rolled down her cheek and it had broke a dam in her. A sobbing mess, likely, to any onlooker, and yet she couldn’t care for appearances right now. She ran as fast as she could—the stiffness of her joints and muscle, the flaring pain in her side as healing wounds begun to open.

Blood speckled her side—she knew it was not good.

But she wasn’t stopping until she was off that mountain.

And only when she stood in frigid waters, a hiss of pain slipping past clenched teeth as she submerged, bathing the wound—did the tears continue to flow—did her sobs wreck the silence of the night—and that she feared she would choke on them.
Moonspear
Councilor*
532 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric couldn't quite get the roving bone out of his body. So with a look back to the mountain and a small word to @Sialuk where he was going he headed into the lower lands for plants. There wouldn't be many yet, but he wanted to search out where they were for future reference. Though as he raced through the blackened forest at breakneck speed. Laughter ringing through his maw, to dance along his paw tips. He thought he heard the worst caterwauling ever. He breifly thought about ignoring it, but being that he was a nosy Nancy anyway, he headed towards it.

An impish grin as he arrived near the poor bean, just sobbing her precious little heart out. Pretty faces shouldn't cry. And look at you. he made a tch.

He tugged the wrap from around his throat and opened it to show the herbs that lay nestled inside. 

You know it's usually frowned upon to race around with a side flayed open that badly. Death wish do you?
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Wracked with sobs—she heard the voice—bright green eyes peered at her, stark black fur. Not her suneater. Never her suneater.

He mentioned something about a pretty face… and asked her if she had a death wish. The words only spurred her to cry harder, and holding her breath, she ducked lower in the water, immersing herself fully in the waters, holding her breath…. One… two… three.

She surfaced after the seconds had become unbearable. Until the pain in her chest had begun to build—pulling her focus back to the now.

And when she emerged, breaking the water, she held back a gasp—her sobs quieting to sniffles she tried to keep from him as she waded from the waters to to him, eyes suspiciously studying him and his herb carrier.

Callously, she looked to her side.

'I hope he dies.' A repeat in her mind.

The words—cruel. She would need to find Reyson soon. And then… then she didn’t know.

“What’s that?” She pointed to the wrap on his neck—eyes pointedly staring at him now. Ignoring anything he had tried to say to her prior.
Moonspear
Councilor*
532 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric would have asked her how the hell you ate the sun had she called him that, because inquiring minds want to know honestly.

She sobbed harder and he made a face. Cross between a frown and a oh shit i screwed up, but she was beneath the water before she saw it probably, maybe, hopefully?

MMM. he made a soft sound and pushed it closer for her, moving some of the strips. It's how i Carry my herbs, small pieces of fur to keep them separated, different things for different ailments. Aloe, bergamot, i have some yarrow in there, maybe some Blue Lobelia, but I am trying to keep that away from most everyone right now. Can cause miscarriage, but good for breathing issues. Some cobwebs and the like in there too to bind it all up.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She would have answered, if they were both mind readers, that yes, he had been called that at times. Wit the blackest fur she had ever saw—at times on their mountain and angle, he would blot out the sun. 

But that neither here nor there. 

He studied her, and instead of a simple reply, he gave a rather large explanation, right down to what some certain herbs did. 

An educational moment at its finest, she thought bitterly, as she begun to shiver from the frigid winter air and her wet fur. Surely, she had entered hell. It wasn’t filled with lava—it was where winter stayed an eternity, and she remained to be punished for her poor life choices. 

Swell, she chattered back, her tone almost biting as she regretted her choice to submerge in the and pacing away from the man, she made a poor attempt to shake some of the water from her pelt, wincing at her side as she did so.

Of course, her ire shouldn’t have been directed to the stranger. Sorry. I’m not the best company.
Moonspear
Councilor*
532 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He saw her shivering and eyed her over. He sighed and with gentle precision. He maneuvered his herbs into a pile, making sure to lay them gently. He could carry them in his mouth or wrap them back in the wet fur. 

Come here. He had gripped the  skin in his maw and tried to speak through a full mouth. I can rub this over some of the worst spots it should soak up the water or you're gonna catch your death.

He would push it onto her back and with paws he could maneuver it to dry her off some, though whether she'd allow him was another thing entirely. She may have a hissy. And well that was all fine and good if she didn't die because he was too stubborn.

He gave a small shrug. Poor company is still company.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She shivered—there was little point in fussing. She stilled, eyes roving over him as she tried to hold still for him, every so often her gaze would drift down to the wound on her side—opened once more—not nearly as badly, but definitely a set back. 

He tried to lighten the mood, insisting bad company was still company. She thought back to the past day or so and snorted. I hope he dies.

Poor company sucks.
Moonspear
Councilor*
532 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He did what he could staying away from he wound. Once he had her as dry as he could, he lay the pelt down and pulled his herbs forward. And looked them over deciding what would work best for her. HE was running low. Yarrow would work, but she'd get sleepy, same with the bergamot if she had some place to be? he could put the directly in the wound, but he wasn't a fan of doing that if they had far to walk cause infections.

His meager pouch was starting to really bother him. He cracked a smile. Perhaps sometimes. Bad day I take it. he wasn't expecting an answer just making conversation as he thought through his options.

I can offer you some herbs, or I can stitch you up with some cobwebs and aloe to soothe and stop the ooze, at least until you can get to your own healer. I apologize I usually have more than this, but I haven't been able to restock.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A wry smile given—he mentioned she could get a better patch up from her own healer when she got back home. 

I hope he dies. Yeah, not likely she was being treated by him again. And she certainly wasn’t interested in sharing she was the packs other healer—she had patched herself up before. She had played the role of a lone wolf.

She had been let down countless times before. This, too, would pass. It always did. 

Ill let them know when I get back, she offered, honeyed eyes lifting to look at him. She didn’t even know if she was going back. 

She just needed to find Reyson. 

Whatever you think. You’re the expert with the medical pouch.
Moonspear
Councilor*
532 Posts
Ooc — Danni
This she wolf had some baggage it seemed or she just wasn't very talkative. Granted he had invited himself to her pity party and had probably interrupted a very therapeutic sob fest. Though honestly he thought she needed some honey, maybe a good roll in the hay, she'd be fine. he always was. Something sweet and something feral and it made a damn good day, but he wasn't about to offer such things.

Alright pretty face let's see. 

He motioned for her to move so he could see. Aloe and cobwebs it is. I don't know how far you have to go and i don't want you to lose most of the herbs. You have to get this patched up though as soon as you get back. Do you want something for pain? It might make you tired.

He slowly, gently worked at her side. He knew it would probably hurt, but there wasn't much to be done for that.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She followed his instruction—aloe and cobweb it would be. He mentioned painkillers and she shook her head. No need, she murmured. The stabbing pain in her side was a nice distraction, at best. 

She would have asked where he was from, but she didn’t necessarily want to get into niceties. Or her own home, and what it was like. That beautiful vale which she had considered a haven until this moment. 

Any other thoughts on the wound? She was interested to see what another would say on it—Antigone had, after all, been learning.
Moonspear
Councilor*
532 Posts
Ooc — Danni
So that was a no on the painkillers. he could respect that. He didn't like them much himself, though sometimes especially a wound like this oof.

Her question caught him up for a moment and he looked it over. He couldn't see perfectly in the dark, but it seemed okay. For the most part. 

I'd watch for infection. It looks like this was a cat? Their claws are disgusting, so infections can be bad, but it was scabbed over so whoever did it. They did alright. Sometimes, lightly moistening the scabs keep them from cracking. Not soaking, lightly moist. Dew in the  morning, or a paw in teh water and pat on the wound.

He frowned in though. Also if you can stand to have a fur on it for a little while at night or early morning it will heal faster.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
540 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She took what he said—things she would try on herself—solid advice that could be taken into future account when she had to tend to others similar wounds. She would have thanked him for the lesson, but her desire for conversation had all but withered—instead, honeyed eyes searched him, studying him. “Where are you from?”

None of this was going to be about her—she had shared enough of herself to last a lifetime, it felt in this very moment—and she knew her questions to the dark man were only to help delay the fact she would once more need to return back to the valley that had once been paradise and re-navigate just what that home meant to her.
Moonspear
Councilor*
532 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She gazed at him with a look in her eyes, that made him wonder if she was sound of mind in this moment in time. Whatever had her running, she was running scared and emotional and he didn't know what he could do for that, but he could give her answers. 

A sly smile. Not from around here originally, but I settled on Moonspear. Sialuk is my leader. He motioned back the way he had come. 

I'm not a settler usually, so I make frequent trips out of the mountains when it gets to be too much to take.