Ouroboros Spine Couldn't read ya stop signs
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Trade 

The closing days of winter were longer than when it first began. But it would end soon — or so he hoped. 

While the swift, chill wind was pleasant, he would again desire to feel the warmth against his back. The kind he could get when he lay comfortably with his wife in their shared ulaq. It was a bit different, but yet similar enough. 

The snow had begun to melt, ever so slightly. Inutsuk could feel the true earth beneath it, pads occasionally feeling the slippery muck that was newly formed mud. While a pain to remove, this had proven to be far better than frozen paws when it came to patrolling.

Speaking of... it was due time he'd gone on one. But he wouldn't go alone. 

Perched atop a stout mound, the hunter let loose a small, low call. He thought that maybe @Shikoba would join him today. Inutsuk had the intent to spend as much time with her as he possibly could, even he drove her mad from it. She was his wife. And he, her husband. Was this not an ideal way to show his affections and loyalties? After all, she was star hunter, as well as protector of the village. Being one of her top duties, he figured that offering a patrol partner was the perfect way to get a gold star for commitment. Not that he couldn't earn it in other ways... but quality time was a good place to start.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
her husband calls in his low tone, and star hunter is quick to come to seek him out. 

things have seemingly changed, and perhaps for the better. shikoba has come to allow for inutsuk to once again remain in her heart, and this time, permanently. laying with him and enjoying the space and family the two have made with each other, it puts into perspective for shikoba that she is growing older. life is too short to stay bitter, not to mention she was given a very clear warning from the beyond that bitterness would lead to something she could not undo.

but she prefers to not linger on such a thought. rather, she comes to see inutsuk and offers her own little 'woof' to him in greeting. her tail wags behind her, and as she comes near, she places a kiss against his brow. "what is it, husband?" she would ask him curiously, brushing her muzzle against his unruly cheek.
[Image: giphy.gif]
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She comes and she greets. Inutsuk accepts each affectionate gesture with pure delight, giving come of his own in return.

I hoped we may patrol together today, wife. 

Wife. How good it felt to call her this again.

Now that I have returned to the village, I must resume my responsibilities as both hunter and guardian. Though he had not fully risen to the same status he held before, he still held a certain level of duty to the village and their well-being that he intended to fulfill.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
he spoke of responsibilities and shikoba would come to nod in agreement. it would take time for inutsuk to return to his esteemed role, though time was what they had plenty of. patrolling together would be easy, perhaps secretly the woman would think of it as a romantic stroll instead.

"work is work," she would come to say to him, "the borders are at least easy to tend to." 

she has walked the borders many times now, she can almost swear that the land beneath holds a ring of her preferred track. she would mark in the early morning and late at night, the times when she rarely sees others in the village. some may think it is lonely, but shikoba tends to thrive in a focused environment for her work. sometimes, too many noses can distract her from the job.

so, she would come to quietly lead her husband through her trail, though inviting him to stay at her shoulder so that they may speak. "I've been thinking of names," she comes to admit to him, "for our new sons or daughters. names from my homeland, and possibly names from yours, if you have the desire for it."

she would not pressure him about this as she had done so before.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Humble, she was. Not to mention a hard worker, no matter the difficulties. 

The topic of names had been something the two had discussed before the birth of Mojag. Shikoba mentioned it here, again. But Inustuk would go about it differently this time. I truly enjoy the names of your people. Considering I knew little of my own, I would not have many options to contribute. Besides— our little ones should be represented in the right ways. Being named after the generations of such a wonderful mother is the perfect way to do this. He did not mean this to deflect from his past like before; he meant this with truth. This was the way their next children should be brought into this world, just as Mojag had been.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
he gives her an answer, perhaps one more thoughtful than the last time they spoke about it. 

she offers him a smile and a nod of her head. "then it'll be done." 

"i have hopes for a daughter this year," she smiles to inutsuk as she walks with him, "one that mojag will come to love and guide." shikoba was a strict believer that having a sibling teaches important life lessons of working with others, even when conflict might ensue. and while mojag has done fine on his own with his cousins from moon woman, it certainly is not the same as having a sibling. "and perhaps one you may spoil with love." a little laugh after this at the thought.

though with the age gap, shikoba is unsure if having another sibling will change the trajectory of his life. perhaps it might just be another universal sign that he was growing and that boyhood was coming to an end.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She had hopes for a daughter. But Inutsuk did not have ideas for one over the other. He hadn't thought much of it. Not yet, anyway.

Then she mentioned the child's relationship with Mojag. Mojag will come to love their kin, sister or brother. He knew this could only be true.

And them, I will spoil. He smiled, assuring that this would also be true.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
she pushes her shoulder against his own in a thoughtful manner as they strode with each other. 

and while there were always things that shikoba could say to talk about the concerns and fears that still inhabit her ribcage,s he decides to keep quiet. battles were not won without a strategy, and shikoba knew that this was a time meant to celebrate more so than split hairs.

"they grow with each day," she comes to say to him softly as she splits to remark before joining him once again, "i wonder who they'll look like."

well, the obvious answer was them of course, the parents. but mojag came out with a darker pelt than shikoba had expected. now she wonders what sort of genetic lottery her newest litter will be at stake for. and when she thinks about it, she wonders about the presence of the spirits in her birth. moon woman's litter had been blessed in the past, so now shikoba must wonder (and secretly fear) if the same thing will happen.

"if we have a son as striking as you," she comes to say with a playful ruffle of her muzzle against his furred cheek, "I will call him Chiteo. A handsome little boy. and if a girl, i want her to be called Ajei, she will be my heart, as you are."