Swiftcurrent Creek When you're lost in the dark, look for the light.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Gamma
160 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
He returned from a successful hunt, with his prize of a fat pheasant hen clutched firm between bloodied jaws. She'd proven a difficult catch, having made him trail through the wetlands in pursuit, and thus he appeared filthy and unkempt upon his return.

Viinturuth looked not for his brother, but instead for @Eshe. She'd been a comfort to Akavir in recent weeks and while he had not observed any real development in the bond between them, the pale-furred ranger knew enough of his brother's interest in her to want to prioritise her. Eshe had been kind to him on his return and her cheeriness had proven infectious, so he supposed a dose of it might just inject some joy into him once again.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
With the weather chilling, Eshe knew that she didn’t have much time now to harvest the last of the herbs in her garden. There was frost every morning now, and she kept a close eye on her plants; it wouldn’t be long until they died.

Today, knowing she had a few days of gardening and herb preparation coming up, she searched the territory for the largest turtle she could find. It would help her keep the plants tidy as she picked them. She scoured the creek’s shoreline, searching for a turtle that fit her criteria.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Gamma
160 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He found her as she nosed along the edge of the creek, and his tail gave a low sweep in satisfaction to have located the sterling wolfess so swiftly. Eshe was a hard worker, tending to those who needed her - an attentive and gentle caregiver. The exact type of support that his brother needed in these desperate times.

Viinturuth, muddy up to his belly and with pheasant blood streaked over his muzzle and throat, emitted a woof muffled by bird feathers in attempt to gain Eshe's attention.

Hope you're hungry, the alabaster wolf said when he neared and paused to settle his catch on the pebbled shore.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
She looked up at his voice, and her heart skipped a beat as she looked at the blood painted across his throat. Oh, man, she laughed to herself, her fur smoothing as she realized it wasn’t his. I thought you were in serious trouble there for a second! Relieved was an understatement.

She smiled and stepped towards him, now focusing on the pheasant he placed on the ground. I am, she confirmed, looking up at him. To what do I owe the pleasure? she asked.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Gamma
160 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Her expression shifted from surprised to relieved, and the sound of her laughter slackened the tension in his muscles. Viinturuth gave a bark of amusement and stepped aside to shake the excess moisture from his muddied coat, careful not to spatter his brother's newest conquest. I think I'm the only one here you haven't had to piece back together, the pale wolf joked, settling to his haunches.

Akavir's pack seemed to make a habit of finding themselves in sticky situations, which was not entirely a bad thing. Swiftcurrent's wolves were fiercely protective of their own, which had been Durnehviir's hope for the group who inhabited the lands of her birth.

He lifted an ear, and moved to meet Eshe's honeyed gaze. I just wanted to thank you, he shared, for the warm welcome on my return, and I appreciate the support you've given to Akavir. He's had a rough time of things recently.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Oh, Eshe breathed, touched by his kindness. That's so kind of you, thank you! She wanted to dig in but chose to wait and eat once he'd started. Instead, distracting herself, she asked, How're you settling in? All good? They caught up for a time until they parted ways. Eshe was thankful for the free meal and the good company; it was a good part of her day.