Dragoncrest Cliffs Gatherer
Sapphique
Pearl
56 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All Welcome 
By the edge of his teeth, he pinched rabbits fur off a loose pelt. For his mama, to soften her bedding again. When her floor got a bit too rough and old, he went in there to clean it out. New furs. New leaves.
Sapphique
Pearl
THEY'LL NEVER TAKE MY POWER
316 Posts
Ooc —
things were changing in sapphique. sobeille could not place how - but it was in the small little details too obscure to have names or words to describe them.

she came across thibault worrying the flayed hide of a rabbit. the image of moonwoman came to mind; had he seen her, and did he now want to wear the cape of another like her?

sobeille did not connect this deed was for maman until she watched him harvest leaves too. settling outside of the den while thibault was inside, sobeille hung above the entrance and waited until the perfect moment to death-from-above her long suffering brother.
Sapphique
Pearl
56 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Everything would be perfect. It was his goal for this day, to leave nothing untouched in its place. All to help his maman. So she could have rest from long days and tired nights, and so that when his siblings decided to crawl back in, it too would be comfortable for them. It kept him busy.

Sprawling hide upon the soft nest of bedding for maman, he contemplated getting more. If this was enough, suddenly he didn't know. How long, however, before they all grew stinky should he, and he wasted hide?
He'd figure it out later. Ask maman later.

He lugged his fat booty out the entrance like a snail. What else.....
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
sobeille waited, spiderling legs gathered underneath her. rustling below told her thibault was close -- and when she saw the top of his head briefly emerge from the den, she pounced.

GOTCHU, TRESPASSAAAHHH! sobeille roared as she ambushed from above, intending to grapple her brother and wrap her arms around him like a crab-assassin.
Sapphique
Pearl
56 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
"AHHHH-AHHHH!-DOOF--" 
Somehow, Miette managed to nearly pancake him flat on the ground. He felt like a stingray and when he flopped, it was clumsily that his bulky legs tried to stand! What was that for?! It was so stupid, it was funny, and breathily, he got an even more stupid laugh out. He hated when he was brought to laugh! He taunted her all the while.
"Miette-- You somehow be gettin' so heavy for bein' so small! Ow! Me ear, Miette!"
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
sobeille had landed her mark; with a soft oomph, they both collapsed into the dirt.

she held him close and guffawed into his ear. you ain't be needin' dat ear, sobeille teased, ignoring the fact she'd been indirectly called fat. she aimed a quick nip at his earlobe before springing back, catlike and ready to tussle. dat's why de sea be givin' you two.
Sapphique
Pearl
56 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Thibault was all but stumped and stupid upon her first flail. She wanted to fight? Okay. He could do that! He'd fix himself up in order to try and match up with her.

Square up!

With a copied feline stalk, he circled and added, "All right! So, don't you be runnin' back to maman when I be returnin' deh favor!

FIGHTTTTTT!

Is what would have happened-- but Thibault felt the urge to let her move first! He still wouldn't move. Not yet.
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
they sized one another up, taunts levied into the salt-studded breeze. sobeille’s eyes flashed knowingly in challenge.

she did something then that was more genetic memory than original maneuver. unknown to her, it was a move both her grandmother and great grandmother had made many times in their life — for the paternal side of her family hardly fought fair.

she sprung a fistful of sand at her dear brother’s face, lobbing it towards him in the same second she sprung upon him, teeth and claws gentle but ready to seize their mark. a loud war whoop sounded from her as she did so — distraction, subterfuge, intimidation— all in one smooth gesture.
Sapphique
Pearl
56 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
"DAH!" The world sprung into a stinging darkness! Sand sprinkled his coat, his eyes. Oh, Miette made him curl down and paw with big motions at his face. Dying! He was dying! He convinced himself! When he could barely see again in those same seconds, the belly of his sister loomed over his eyes like that of a wave.

She crashed down and he let his body flop over to the right. With gentle front paws and the sound of his skidding hind feet kicking the ground, he feigned an attempt to push her neck away. Not daring to actually push, or actually try at all. He put the dramatic display of it in full gear! "Never be you' takin' me at alive!"
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
most wolves might have felt bad to throw sand in their brother's eyes. not sobeille. she cackled as he bent over -- some of it might be play, but sobeille was learning something valuable in this charade -- the art of fighting dirty.

there was no reason thibault should lose: he was stronger and bigger, and possibly smarter in several ways. sobeille growled as she noticed his efforts were half-measured, careful -- not what she wanted in the slightest. dat's fine, i be takin' no alive prisoners. sobeille jested, springing for another nip before being barely pushed away. fight me, thibault!! ain't no one gonna be gentle when it comes down to it.