Horizon Ridge the top of the world
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Small pox followed, even though he made it clear that he was uncertain as to why they were abandoning their quarry. Fin ignored his first inquiry as to why they were walking away, too intent on getting him out of danger to let him know why she easy doing do. She bit her lip as she navigated between the trees, pondering what exactly she was going to say to explain herself. She didn't want to make him think less of her by saying she wasn't up for the challenge, but nor did she want to say something that would give him the courage to go back and face the bear on his own.

After a little while, they came to a clearing and Finley finally turned to face her young companion. She looked at him quietly, awkwardly, biting her lip as she pondered how to address the situation. "Sorry man," she started with a sigh "I just... I've never seen such a big bear before. I've taken on a lot of bears in my day, but not even I would take on that monster..." She watched the little wolf. Wondering what he would think of her. "Sorry, man," she added, hoping held forgive her, but knowing she'd be perfectly content if he chose not to because he at least was safe.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Barf face didn't respond as she took him away from the bear den, which was sort of disappointing. Charon followed obediently anyway, because he wasn't sure he could actually wrestle with a bear that big all by himself; he needed Barf face's expertise. They moved through the forest in silence for a while.

Finally they reached a clearing and Barf face stopped to explain herself. Oooh, it was because she was scared. Well, Charon had expected a pro bear hunter to not be scared in the face of a bear, large or small, but he supposed everyone got scared sometimes. "Oh..." he said, trying to hide his disappointment, but not doing so well. "That's too bad. Do you usually fight smaller bears? I guess this one was pretty big." Not that he'd ever seen any other bears, but the key to credibility in your role as bear beater was bluffing well.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Small Pox was disappointed, she could tell. While FInley felt bad for him, she couldn't bring herself to regret leading him away. She was a little bit starting to second guess the actual need to do so... After all, it was asleep... They probably could've slipped in unnoticed, the little wolf could have taken a bite out of bear bite and then they could've run like hell without a scratch. But that was the outcome she'd anticipated with Lasher too, and that clearly hadn't gone to plan - she still had the scars to prove it.

So, Fin kept on with her ruse, nodding along with the young wolf's comments. "They are usually bigger than me, but.. well, most animals are," she said with a small grin, hoping to lighten the mood with her jesting tone, "That guy was massive. I wonder if maybe we found the Alpha bear."

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon wondered how big normal-sized bears were. Twice his size? Three times his size? This one must've been, like... six times his size, or something like that. Charon listened as Barf face (he really needed to find a better title for her, because she was pretty heroic, so 'barf face' seemed like a name that wasn't nearly cool enough for this bear fighter extraordinaire) explained that this bear was massive and that it was probably the Alpha bear.

Giggling, Charon wondered out loud, "Does that mean we'd be the Alpha bears if we would've beaten it up?" It seemed prety cool, a bunch of bears from the bear pack listening to a pair of wolves because they'd beaten up its leader!
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
you mind if we wrap this up soon? I'm trying to clear up some of Fin's older threads ^^

Fin actually gave the young wolf's question some serious thought. After all, it was an extremely intriguing idea... "I dunno, maybe..." she answered ponderously, "It would probably be worth a shot. We should definitely train up and meet back here in a few months to take him on then. What do you say?" Fin turned to Small Pox with a smile, having little doubt that the spirited boy would be all for the idea.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
yeah, that's fine! :) my last post, thanks for the thread! :D

Barf face suggested they train and return later, which didn't seem like so much of a bad idea. Charon would be older and bigger by that time, so he would be much stronger too. "Okay," he eventually agreed after giving it a good thought. "We'll meet back later to beat this bear!" Charon smiled at Barf face, and he contemplated asking for her real name. Instead, he decided that he would just think of a really cool nickname while she was gone so that he wouldn't have to call her Barf face when they met again.

"Come see me in the Bay when you're ready," said Charon, as though she was the only one who needed training before she'd be a pro bear-beater. "See ya later!" With those words, Charon smiled briefly at Barf face and then darted off in the direction of Stavanger Bay, headed home after a tiring adventure. He still couldn't believe how giant that bear had been, wow!
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
omg I can't wait to get these two together again!

Fin smirked as the boy replied to her idea and took off back towards his home. He was a ballsy kid, she had to admit. She liked it. He actually reminded her a lot of her favorite brother... Well, back before he as a douche nugget. The thought of him actually began to bum her out, and so she turned away towards a path that she knew would take her to the base of the Ridge, snickering all the while at Small Pox's comment. Come find him when she was ready.. As though she was the one who'd only been alive for a few months.