Bearclaw Valley Hello, my name is Jimmy Pop and I'm a dumb white guy
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
These first weeks had been exhausting. Laurel felt a lot happier than she remembered ever feeling before in her life after her pups had come but it was also tiring to be a single mother -- even if she had Indra to stand by her side -- and Laurel caught z's where she could. She had actually intended to stay awake while Indra was out doing something else but her eyes had gotten the better of her and Laurel'd fallen asleep by the den's entrance, just inside, while the sunlight trickled onto her face and the pups waddled around or slept by her side.

She didn't wake until the sunlight was blocked. With a murmur that could only really be interpreted as I don't wanna get up yet the tired mother smacked her lips. She didn't instantly connect that Indra wasn't back yet, nor that one of her pups was beyond her immediate reach; for all she knew they were still safely asleep while their aunt watched over.

When she heard Xan's voice her hackled raised and Laurel instantly leaped up. She bumped her head on the ceiling of the den -- which hurt quite a bit -- but the pain was easily forgotten as she pushed herself beside the pup at the den's mouth and a ferocious snarl ripped from her throat. With eyes narrowed she warned Xan not to get closer. If he didn't want her, then he didn't deserve to see his pups, as far as she was concerned, and she would make sure he knew. Staring into his eyes she hoped to see some of the pain there that she had felt, some of it dealt by his own hand, for he deserved it.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello, my name is Jimmy Pop and I'm a dumb white guy - by Laurel - May 02, 2018, 03:17 AM