Arrow Lake and over seas to look upon her face
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Admittance given, the silver began to burrow her way into the earthly den with no trouble at all; being quite small truly did have its perks, and it seemed those she would only ever tower over would be coywolves and their formers. She kept the little gift tucked close to her breast, until she arrived at Reina’s resting place and saw at once the downy babe of silver in the crook of her fierce womb. 

Eyes open already, it seems, and Aurëwen could only croon, Ce fetiță prețioasă ai,” argent gaze gentling as she looked to the shield-mother, ”She is as lovely as her mamă. Congratulations, Reina.” Then, she proffered the fawn’s tail, tentatively setting it closer to the gona before making a humble retreat.

And then that inquiry came about, and an ivory shadow flickered in her eyes — she didn’t wish to bring her personal matters to an event where only her friend and her new daughter mattered. But she wouldn’t lie either  ( a terrible liar, so what was the use? )  so she simply provided: ”Well.”

It was as much truth as she could give, as much miss-him she would ever touch upon. Aure thought she was doing well despite her beloved’s leave, despite her raising two children on a hip; despite Mahler’s callous verdict; despite her growing restlessness with this place.

An uneasy clearing of her throat, feeling a bit flustered, ridiculous, the optio tried to turn the tide back to Blodreina and her brood: ”Her name? I am sure you picked something fitting for a warrior princess,” grinning toothily. Something ferocious, I bet.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and over seas to look upon her face - by Andraste - May 18, 2019, 04:43 PM