Neverwinter Forest the slightest touch forced to fold
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal's modus operandi had been to be of good humor, maybe a little playful when you really listened to what he was saying at the borders, but here there was definitely no such wiggle room -- his comment earlier was as close as it got.  Moonspear had earned the lack of trust, and Mal was split between wanting the guy to go away and wanting some intel on what they might be doing.  After all, if they were still being bananas, he could tell his people just to not go west or whatever.  Maybe.

Still.  He had stopped, was alert, and was mentally trying to do the equivalent of prepare to disarm a bomb without proper training just in case. She the chick who came by about the three psychos?  As far as I can tell none of them came back after that.  Mal was totally not against offering information if it ensured that they were gonna be left alone... Only issue was he wasn't sure he had any.  So what should he ask that'd be useful?  Had to be something.

Whatever, something obvious.  It wasn't like Mal had traveled much recently, but if prey was back, then that would explain the lack of contact (thank goodness), I guess since I haven't seen you guys in a while, I assume stuff is doing better at your mountain or whatever.  They hadn't shown up again -- Markus had been the last one to have to deal with them, and then things had been quiet.  But now things seemed to be returning to normal, or so said a couple of hoofprints.  He hadn't found the deer yet, but he kind of got interrupted last time and just hadn't bothered to look today.
Messages In This Thread
the slightest touch forced to fold - by Dirge - January 06, 2020, 11:54 PM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Mal - January 07, 2020, 12:07 AM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Dirge - January 07, 2020, 12:24 AM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Mal - January 07, 2020, 01:10 AM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Dirge - January 07, 2020, 01:44 AM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Mal - January 07, 2020, 03:31 AM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Dirge - January 07, 2020, 08:12 PM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Mal - January 08, 2020, 03:29 AM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Dirge - January 08, 2020, 02:25 PM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Mal - January 09, 2020, 12:17 AM
RE: the slightest touch forced to fold - by Dirge - January 14, 2020, 12:37 AM