Sawtooth Spire i've heard about this frog, it's a very tiny frog, but it's also very special
ᴀ ᴠᴀʟʟᴜᴍ ᴏғ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇs
sᴍᴀsʜᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
248 Posts
Ooc — wouldnt u like to know weatherboy
Away
she burst into a shrieking fit of giggles when her friend pronked like a newborn springbok at her very effective jump-scare, struck briefly cataplectic by the intensity of her laughter. her eyes teared up, one nostril blowing a snot bubble that grew and shrank with her breathing before popping against her nose. yum.
then, he called her a name she knew to be smithed from her father's tongue, and her heart felt like icecream sliding off its cone. she gasped, a smile unscrolling across her face.
before she had a chance to ask the question moored to her tongue, he advanced towards her with his mouth all prepped for kissin'. "sday back! ams adually a dragon!" she backed, trying to feign seriousness but unable to suppress the giggle that came out like a hiccup, muffled it behind the crook of her wrist. 
she screeched when he swooped in for the kill. afraid of phaedras, but nae afraid of dragons, eh clownfeet? giggles again erupted from her, so hard her belly hurt, when he caught her and left his kiss upon her crown. the pale bairn batted him away with the soft petals of her feet, pinching one eye shut. "you makin' ma head all gooey! greadt!! now ims gon' wake up an snell!" she said, casting her mind back to the snail mama showed her and shuddering upon the memory of its snotty trail and wobbly eye stalks. 
phaedra's mind was in equal parts annoying and brilliant in that it always somehow, be it a few minutes or a few days or weeks, circled back to even the smallest things that intrigued or confused her. "you know—" she looked conspiratorally around, like someone might be eavesdropping on their convo, then dropped her voice below a whisper. "—secred words? mama like id beddar when i says things ... well like you n me doin now, stinkendzehen!" she scrubbed her head to get whatever slime his lips may have left there and gave him a look expectantly, sussing him out for any offense, before quirking a grin. "don' worry. ids mean 'stongesd deer'!" she fibbed as smoothly as if she were telling him his legs were like white poplar saplings. 
damn papa if he'd taught the boy enough german to call her bluff.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i've heard about this frog, it's a very tiny frog, but it's also very special - by Phaedra - June 05, 2020, 06:19 PM