Blackfeather Woods like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing
Nothing about what Taikon says makes the situation better — if anything, it makes it worse. Exclusive? Of course — it comes with the territory with children, after all. But somehow it makes the whole thing even more twisted, to know that he would have been cast aside even without that detail; Taikon doesn't even seem to intend on telling him that part. Zephyr doesn't care.

Then why am I reacting?

The thought startles him. All the physical responses are the same; his racing heart, the tears in his eyes, the tension through his body. Yet he doesn't feel any of it. He feels no need to fight, and still he goes through the motions, still.

Let it go.

The voice startles him a little, but it's comforting, in a way. He swallows, feeling the tension melt away from him, tears drying.

This is what it means to play the game.

I understand, He offers tonelessly, knowing now that this is how to achieve the end he wants. Not with brute force of will, but feigned resignation, fabricated acceptance of Taikon's continued fight against the threads of fate. I apologize. He leaves it at that, allowing the man to say anything else he might want to get out.

Well done, my child.

He knows that this is the path forward.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Zephyr - December 03, 2020, 02:03 AM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Taikon - December 03, 2020, 02:18 AM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Zephyr - December 03, 2020, 02:28 AM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Taikon - December 03, 2020, 02:35 AM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Zephyr - December 03, 2020, 02:49 AM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Taikon - December 03, 2020, 11:38 AM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Zephyr - December 03, 2020, 12:26 PM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Taikon - December 03, 2020, 01:59 PM
RE: like ghosts from an enchanter fleeing - by Zephyr - December 03, 2020, 05:05 PM