Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,205 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Basically slipping in a read-only post in here, hehe.

Without the bones, Sialuk found her spirit more lost than it had been in a long time. While working with them had been exhausting in its own rite, it had also calmed her mind when life was hard. To be without them for this long made her feel weary and lost. She had seen Sixsix this morning, and he had allowed her a close look at his wing. It was healing well, and she thought that he would soon be back to full health.

He had brought her no bones since they had fled the mountain, as survival was likely more important to him than collecting her trinkets. She did not place blame upon him, but she knew she must craft another way to talk to the spirits. Perhaps they could tell her the fate of taataa and brataa.

She pulled bits of bark from different trees, collecting the small pieces until she had the same number as she'd once had bones. To each one, she assigned a meaning she had known. There was no skin to wrap them in, so instead she took mouthfuls of the bark and made a place for them in the snow near the ulaq. But here, she was stuck. Normally, she would channel the question as she shook the bag of bones, then let them lay out however they fell.

She would think on it, but for now, she had at least been able to craft a new way to seek truth. Sialuk buried the tools beneath the snow, keeping them safe from prying eyes (or noses).

Sialuk departed from the ulaq, coming across Raimo's scent and curling her lip at it. She still did not trust him, but perhaps that would dissipate with time. He had done them no harm, though he'd had the opportunity to. Perhaps he was waiting for the right opportunity.

Her gaze lifted up, and she found Meerkat. Joy fluttered in her chest, and she let her feet hit the ground faster so that she might join her. Raimo was forgotten for a time, and she touched the glen sister's shoulder with her nose.

Meerkat! Do you come with news? she asked, pulling away.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Messages In This Thread
I walk my days on a wire - by Raimo - February 21, 2021, 01:12 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Meerkat - February 21, 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Raimo - February 21, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Sialuk - February 21, 2021, 05:33 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Keyni - February 21, 2021, 05:50 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Meerkat - February 21, 2021, 08:35 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Raimo - February 22, 2021, 06:48 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Sialuk - February 22, 2021, 08:46 PM
RE: I walk my days on a wire - by Keyni - March 03, 2021, 02:31 PM