Noctisardor Bypass any other phase
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel's heart had been hardened when she first came to Rivenwood. Fake smiles and un-meant pleasantries were how she lived her life, then. To her own surprise, she found that her interactions with Mahler and Sequoia prompted the occasional genuine smile. Mahler was the one closest to ever figuring out what had happened to her, with Iliksis. She had loved him, in a way. Maybe not as a lover or romantic interest, but not exactly as a friend, either. It was hard to tell what precisely he had been to her. All she knew now was that he had ripped out whatever shreds of her heart she'd opened up for these two Rivenwood wolves to see, and hardened the protective shell over what little was left.

Laurel did not know why Sequoia and her children stuck around. It would be easy enough for them to leave. Mahler had even suggested it as one of his last acts as their leader. Yet, Sequoia stayed; and wanted to help Laurel still.

At Sequoia's call, Laurel limped her way towards it. She was tired of it all. Tired of healing, tired of not being able to go and collect her children. They were right there in Bearclaw Valley, a place that she had once ruled over herself. She'd given a lot of thought to all manner of ideas that had been thrown about. Maybe Duskfire could help, though Laurel knew no one there but the man who'd impregnated her (she had no idea that he was no longer at Duskfire's helm), and she was in no state to travel. Maybe Sequoia could go there and infiltrate, but Laurel did not know she could bear to stay behind and wait like that, especially with Sequoia's own children. If her friend would die, there would be nothing left for Laurel or for Sequoia's children. It was such a huge risk, though Laurel appreciated that her friend was willing to take it.

Druid was already there. Laurel didn't catch what she said (I think?) though looked towards Sequoia with a heavy expression on her face. She felt a fear in her heart that Sequoia would choose to leave her, too. Perhaps it was in part because of that fear that Laurel said: I understand if you have to leave, too. I think — Maybe I should go to Ursus alone, and try to reason with them, try to convince them I want to join them. I might get killed, but I might be able to find them and get them out. They're... She looked at Sequoia to show that her next statement was untrue, They're all I have, anyway. Laurel held onto her heart, and it showed on her face that she was afraid of what Sequoia might say to her now. Laurel wasn't sure if she was more afraid Sequoia would convince Laurel to risk her own life, or if she was more afraid that Sequoia would agree with Laurel and inform her that she and her children would be on their way out of Laurel's life, too.
Messages In This Thread
any other phase - by Sequoia - February 21, 2022, 12:37 PM
RE: any other phase - by Druid - February 21, 2022, 01:30 PM
RE: any other phase - by Laurel - February 22, 2022, 06:46 AM
RE: any other phase - by Sequoia - February 22, 2022, 09:06 AM
RE: any other phase - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 10:28 AM
RE: any other phase - by Laurel - February 22, 2022, 11:04 AM
RE: any other phase - by Sequoia - February 22, 2022, 12:47 PM
RE: any other phase - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 12:56 PM
RE: any other phase - by Laurel - February 22, 2022, 02:28 PM
RE: any other phase - by Sequoia - February 23, 2022, 10:07 AM
RE: any other phase - by Druid - February 23, 2022, 01:03 PM