Nimbus Summit We took a back road
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Tuuluuwaq wasted no time in cutting straight to the chase. A man after my own heart, Lane thought in amusement. 

Issorartuyok reacted in a way that Lane hadn't expected. He took it personally, making it all about himself. It was the reaction of a wolf struggling with his self-esteem, which Lane had never imagined of Issoratuyok. She had let herself get so distracted with the troubles of Duskfire Glacier (not to mention being courted by Tuuluuwaq) that she had missed it when Issorartuyok's self-confidence failed. He had needed her support, and she hadn't even noticed. It was even more evidence as to why they needed a larger leadership team. Things kept slipping through the cracks.

"No, Issorartuyok! It's not like that at all. If anything, it's the opposite. You're more than adequate; I have all the faith in the world in you, and that's a huge reason that I feel confident enough to step down to beta." Was any of this getting through? Lane continued. 

"I volunteered for leadership to lend you support-- to help instill the confidence of the older pack members-- and you just don't need my help anymore, in that sense. Our people trust you and follow you now. You've given us a name, and a beautiful new home.. Atautsikut is your pack." Perhaps Lane had been a good leader to Duskfire Glacier, but Duskfire Glacier was no more. 

Lane looked to Tuuluuwaq. Truly, her feelings for Tuuluuwaq were at the heart of her decision. "Tuuluuwaq and I are..." In love? Could she say that, yet? "--I want to share everything with him, including my position. I want to be equal partners with him and on equal footing. I'm not stepping down from leadership entirely; really, I'm asking for Tuuluuwaq to step up, so he can stand beside me."

A deep breath in, and Lane would offer one final point. 

"This change will leave the position beside you open, so you could do the same with your mate: elevate her, so she stands with you in all ways." Wouldn't Issorartuyok like the sound of that? It was a very traditional way of doing things, and if Lane knew anything about the Tatkrets, she knew they liked their traditions. She and Issorartuyok made a good alpha team, certainly, but it was time to shake things up so that there was room for growth and development. Room for love, for partnership, and for family. 

Lane's steady gaze held the utmost confidence in Issorartuyok. He was clearly being very careful in his selection of his mate, and so she had no doubts that whomever Issorartuyok chose would make a stellar alpha female. "Whoever you choose will have the entire weight of our support-- all three of us. I have complete confidence in your judgement. I have complete confidence in you, Issorartuyok." Lane would finally fall into an uneasy silence, knowing that if she allowed herself to continue to speak she would just continue to make the same points over and over, each time a little more pleading.
Messages In This Thread
We took a back road - by Tuuluuwaq - March 01, 2022, 05:00 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Issorartuyok - March 08, 2022, 02:39 AM
RE: We took a back road - by Lane - March 10, 2022, 04:07 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Tuuluuwaq - March 11, 2022, 07:37 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Issorartuyok - March 14, 2022, 03:04 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Lane - March 15, 2022, 08:07 AM
RE: We took a back road - by Tuuluuwaq - March 15, 2022, 02:51 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Issorartuyok - March 17, 2022, 09:10 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Lane - March 31, 2022, 02:28 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Tuuluuwaq - April 03, 2022, 09:57 PM
RE: We took a back road - by Issorartuyok - May 19, 2022, 01:32 PM