Lion Head Mesa i reach out when i have a confession
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The offer hung for a moment while the man, in his unhinged state, took his time (maybe to consider his options, more than likely to gather his wits which he'd barely used, given how deep in his cups Charles had been of late); but when an answer came, it was not one Reyes expected. He knew his role here was a punishment - he was some sort of slave, beneath even the fellahin, but until this moment Reyes had always thought they were the slaves, and he was -- well, something else.

Something lower sure, but useful? Hardly.

Nala had shown him a few things. He'd seen the wellspring at least once for his own treatment, and once again to clean it, but never had he been told to wash someone. The thought of going near the water was unsettling - moreso than this task that now presented itself. Taking care of a hungover invalid? It wasn't beneath him so much as it was off his radar; but he had to adapt.

The sinuous man, leading the way down the hall, came to the entry to the spring and ducked inside. Reyes followed at a distance at first but when he came to the door he paused, sighed, and entered.

The room was spacious enough for many bodies, not including the actual bathing area, which could easily fit a man and a myriad of wifes or entertainment. The water fed in from one side; there were naturally formed hollows in the wall from where the water coursed over millenia, and dribbled down from some higher spots in a decorative manner which wasn't at all intentional. The majority of the water came from deep among the rocks; Tavina had mentioned as much once, as she'd toured him through the place. The river outside of Akashingo was what fed the spring.

Reyes watched the back of the man's head, and then his shoulders as he neared the stone slabs along the edge of the spring. They were arranged much like tables, or lounge spots, and Reyes wondered if Charles would take up a roost upon one of these or plunge amid the depths of the spring right off from the start. Reyes knew where some of the fragrant leaves and tinctures were stored (they'd passed the alcove where they were shelved when they entered); so if Charles requested such things, Reyes could fetch them.

For now he would be silent and watchful, listening for any cues - that's what Nala had said. They'll tell you what they want. You just do it quickly, and without fuss.
Messages In This Thread
i reach out when i have a confession - by Charles - November 04, 2022, 10:54 AM
RE: i reach out when i have a confession - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 04, 2022, 12:54 PM
RE: i reach out when i have a confession - by Charles - November 07, 2022, 04:36 AM
RE: i reach out when i have a confession - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 15, 2022, 02:44 PM
RE: i reach out when i have a confession - by Charles - November 16, 2022, 06:50 AM