Wheeling Gull Isle I am the owner of nowhere land, queen of a castle that’s made of sand.
Rivenwood
Leaf

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
214 Posts
Ooc — Twin
going to assume dinah sustained a little damage because puppies be SHARP

The reprimand came to a halt soon enough. Dinah, throbbing now with unbroken scrapes and a soreness to her foreleg that felt like a bruise, slinks away as Ava does in cowardice. No remorse to be found from the smaller; a primal display of wrath, of jealousy, of greed.
One paw reaches up to wipe the tears from her cheek, the bitter salt of repentance heavy in her mouth. Fine! FINE! she shouts, ear-piercing. She had paid her price. She had given her apologies and her fear to God — and yet she found she felt no different.
Her tail ribbons between her legs, coiling around the inside of her thigh, and slowly, she begins to pick up the pieces. Her lupine, gone; but what she did recover were two asters, one of the lilies, and the bulb of a rhododendron, now crushed and missing many of its' petals. Disappointment slammed her with no alarm — or perhaps it was fear of disappointing her family.
So instead of sulking, she dusts herself off, ignoring the beaded splatters of scarlet that dot the sandbanks and instead goes in search of replacements. One by one, she gets them back, and this time, there are double the spoils — two of everything, for both younger and older daughter.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I am the owner of nowhere land, queen of a castle that’s made of sand. - by Dinah - July 27, 2023, 11:37 AM