Wheeling Gull Isle I am the owner of nowhere land, queen of a castle that’s made of sand.
Rivenwood
Leaf

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
214 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Gramma Towhee cared not for the skirmish between them. As Dinah had somewhat expected — when were these things ever taken seriously? They were children, and children have petty arguments all the time; but in the little Redhawk's mind, Ava may as well have called for war and renounced her christening.
She refused to forgive, or even spare her more than a sour glare.
Her guilt free-flows into swaths of anger. Ava was the one who snapped her pearly little teeth at her face in hopes of stealing her flowers! After all that effort to fix, rebuild, apologize; completely for naught! And now Dinah felt as if she might perish. What had she done that was so unequivocally wrong? She didn't deserve this!
But it subsides quickly, and soon enough her stomach begins to hurt. She had done something, something to cause this. There were no actions without consequence. Ava had now decided to shun her, and if she knew anything, it's that it wasn't without reason. Dinah is the evil one, Dinah is the one who must repent a thousand times over! But—
Her tummy flip-flops. Is she? Isn't she?
This isn't what God would want, she wanted to say, scream it high-pitched up to the clouds and beg Him to do something, show her the correct way, and yet she doesn't.
Okay, and her paws carry her in the direction Gramma Towhee had pointed. She begins a slow, agonizing trudge off to the shoreline, where she decided she would bury herself in a blanket of white sand and pray herself anew.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I am the owner of nowhere land, queen of a castle that’s made of sand. - by Dinah - August 04, 2023, 11:11 AM