Swiftcurrent Creek combat—i'm ready for combat
Pledged
Two Rivers Isle
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
470 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Being vague about a few things!

Akavir held Eshe, shielding her from everything—she was safe now that she was with him. She fell into him, letting him support her, and buried her face into his chest. She allowed herself to cry—to release everything she’d been bottling up for the past few hours—and breathe him in.

“Oh, it’s awful,” she said, her voice rocked by a sob. “I-I found Moss dead with an baby beside her—alive,” oh, how she yearned for that beautiful child. “S-Some wolf was standing over her, and there was a man n-nearby, too. I-I tried to save the baby … rushed over, but Mae appeared and grabbed the child, and r-ran away—don’t worry, she’s safe. I made sure she made it out.” There was a temporary strength to her voice—a promise.

She tried to steady herself with a shaky breath, but it didn’t work. “Wren showed u-up, too, and fought the man … the other one who was standing over Moss, s-she chased Mae and grabbed onto the puppy’s tail—she tore it off when I rammed into her to g-get her away from M-Mae,” it was horrible—it made her sick to her stomach and shake with rage. “Mae f-found Arric, a-and he decided to take the baby to Kva—but, Akavir … I wanted that baby s-so bad, wanted to save it—I was s-so selfish.” She was ashamed of herself; the baby was safer without her and her self-serving motivations. “Mae … she went with him, she w-wanted to stay with the baby and I-I think she wants to stay with her.”

“And Wren,” poor poor Wren, “S-She fought the man and apparently did a number on him. I found her when s-she got back a-and tried to calm here—gave her a few p-poppies and tended to her wounds … and S-Silvertongue showed up when I was caring for her, too,”

She looked up to him, battered and bruised, with wide eyes. “I-I’m so sorry I had t-to dump that on you,” sorry she couldn’t have done more—that she had allowed it to all escalate like this.
Messages In This Thread
combat—i'm ready for combat - by Eshe - August 05, 2023, 09:36 PM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Akavir - August 06, 2023, 09:20 PM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Eshe - August 06, 2023, 09:45 PM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Akavir - August 07, 2023, 10:28 AM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Eshe - August 07, 2023, 10:55 AM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Akavir - August 08, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Eshe - August 08, 2023, 11:41 AM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Akavir - August 08, 2023, 12:27 PM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Eshe - August 08, 2023, 02:48 PM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Akavir - August 11, 2023, 11:34 AM
RE: combat—i'm ready for combat - by Eshe - August 11, 2023, 11:49 AM