Swiftcurrent Creek there's something in the static
Loner
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
449 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
There was a shift in the dynamic when Silvertongue returned. Eshe, eager to give them the space they needed, tried to take a step back—only to stop as Wren swayed and put a paw on her. She braced herself and took on her friend’s weight, helping her safety slide onto the ground. She felt a surge of urgency now; Wren was getting worse.

Eshe watched Wren with a frown as she rambled, and then she turned to Silvertongue to fill in the blanks. ” I found Moss dead in the marsh w-with one baby at her breast,” she breathed deeply, attempting to rid herself of both the memory of the scene and the fear in her voice.  ” There was a man and an older woman there, and they wanted her baby. I called for help and W-Wren and Mae came. Mae took the baby and ran away, and the woman chased after her. I tackled t-the woman, and Mae and the baby got back. A-Arric is taking them to K-Kvarsheim to a mother whose n-nursing there.” She tried to swallow the lump in her throat, but her mouth was too dry. ”Wren s-saved our lives from the m-man,” she shot her packmate an appreciative look, ” He lunged for the baby and M-Mae.” She cleared her throat and wiped her forearm over her wetting eyes.

”I need to get Wren herbs to heal her up—some poppy seeds for the shock and to dull any pain, chervil root to prevent infection, moss with water …” she trailed. ”I-Is there anything else you can think of?” Her head was spinning. ” Can you help clean her wounds?” She needed to busy herself—to prolong the inevitable moment where it’d all hit her like a ton of bricks.
Messages In This Thread
there's something in the static - by Wren - August 04, 2023, 05:33 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Eshe - August 04, 2023, 08:40 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Wren - August 04, 2023, 08:58 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Eshe - August 04, 2023, 09:27 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Wren - August 04, 2023, 09:50 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Silvertongue - August 04, 2023, 09:38 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Eshe - August 04, 2023, 10:03 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Silvertongue - August 11, 2023, 12:51 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Wren - August 11, 2023, 01:37 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Eshe - August 12, 2023, 01:45 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Silvertongue - August 13, 2023, 08:53 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Wren - August 13, 2023, 09:41 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Eshe - August 14, 2023, 06:55 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Silvertongue - August 24, 2023, 12:31 PM
RE: there's something in the static - by Wren - August 24, 2023, 01:06 PM