Lake Rodney a spirit walk
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Dwin stopped following the list of Arrluk's relatives after Galana, because the names were foreign and there were quite a few of them. She was glad that at least for her she only had to remember the names of two older siblings, two - her age, and three - younger. And with any luck (and sense on her parents' side) she would not have to memorize any more sibling names. In her opinion there was a strict limit of people you could know very well, remember and keep any meaningful connection going on. Add one more over the brim and that carefully built relationship architecture no longer works.

"Why does your mom say that dead should not be mentioned aloud?" she asked, curious about such a statement, when she had been taught exactly the opposite. "My mom told me that we should remember our dearly beloved people, who have passed away. If you speak their name or tell stories about them, they are never truly dead. They stay with you in some capacity. But, if you forget them, then they are truly dead," she explained. "So - if you were in Brecheliant, then I think... I hope your sisters," she had assumed that both Kausiut and Samani had died, "would be happy to know that you think about them still. But - I believe that you come from a different background and your mom may have a good reason to teach you that way."

Either it was a strategy to move on and not let the past drag you down. Or - this was more intriguing - it was a way of running away from something painful. Fear of facing a horrible truth and going through the process of grieving. Which made her wonder further - what had happened in Arrluk's mother's life so bad that she would carry on teaching her own kids to forget about the dead? It was so interesting and so... so... disappointing that she could not ask any of these burning questions to this young lad. First - he would not know the answers anyway. Second (this should have been the first) - it was none of her business. 
Messages In This Thread
a spirit walk - by Arrluk - October 13, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Ceridwen - October 21, 2023, 02:41 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Arrluk - October 24, 2023, 10:06 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Ceridwen - October 25, 2023, 04:49 AM
RE: a spirit walk - by Arrluk - November 09, 2023, 10:36 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Ceridwen - November 10, 2023, 03:58 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Arrluk - November 11, 2023, 08:38 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Ceridwen - November 14, 2023, 03:39 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Arrluk - November 30, 2023, 08:52 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Ceridwen - December 02, 2023, 03:20 PM
RE: a spirit walk - by Arrluk - December 23, 2023, 06:09 PM