Redtail Rise mascara
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
@Riley’s presence did not entirely eliminate her nightmares, though it was greatly comforting to find herself in his embrace whenever they interrupted her sleep. In those moments when he held her after she roused with images of her slain mother burned into the back of her eyelids and her heart in her throat, Masque didn’t know how she’d gone so long without this kind of intimacy. She already couldn’t imagine living without it.

Of course, the Caru remained a strong, independent woman—very much leaning into her feminine prowess, now—and still spent much of her time apart from her mate. Today she busied herself with checking the caches yet again. The elk meat had dwindled. Masque was glad of it, though she knew the pack needed to make another large kill soon.

Glancing up from one of the southerly stockpiles, she saw Mulherin striding toward her with part of an antler in his grasp. The Caru raised her head, eyes sparkling as she turned and bounded toward her brother. Her long tail swung as she greeted him with several affectionate bumps and a gentle mouthing of his muzzle—a love bite, if you will.

Where have you been? she wondered, inquisitive. I haven’t seen you or @Watcher in days.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
mascara - by Mulherin - January 10, 2024, 05:25 PM
RE: mascara - by Masquerade - January 10, 2024, 06:20 PM
RE: mascara - by Mulherin - January 10, 2024, 07:50 PM
RE: mascara - by Masquerade - January 10, 2024, 09:36 PM
RE: mascara - by Mulherin - January 11, 2024, 08:32 PM
RE: mascara - by Masquerade - January 11, 2024, 09:09 PM
RE: mascara - by Mulherin - January 22, 2024, 09:58 PM
RE: mascara - by Masquerade - January 22, 2024, 10:19 PM