Firestone Hot Springs take the road less traveled by, tell yourself you can always stop
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Despite Sylvie being Dwin's senior age-wise, she still seemed like a bit of a child to the younger sibling. In a good way - really - and not just because she was her sister, but rather there was an inherent kindness about her that Dwin felt drawn to. Not for the first time she found that she loved seeing Sylvie's genuine smile and hearing her laughter. She felt both privileged to witness it, but also fiercely protective, because there were so many people in the world, who could destroy and not even realize that they had done any harm. She was also ashamed that during their first encounter, she too had been one of them. 

"Well, now that I have let you on that secret, I will have to sacrifice you to the pool gods. No way around it, the only thing I can offer you is that you can choose the pool of your liking and final words," Dwin replied with a toothy grin. "Yeah, but maybe it is good that this place is so far. This year's Blackthorn batch could scare a devil out of hell," here her mind turned to Frolic, who had willingly decided to try her odds with becoming food to the Big fish of the lake. "I think that pool gods here stand no chance either," she replied. 

"Mom told that long, long, long time ago, when even she was not born yet, our grandmother Osprey and grand-uncle Peregrine lived near here," she told. "At least that's, what I gather from the vague details of "a place with water that burns like fire and never freezes"," this - again - was a not a direct quote from Maia. Rather Dwin's interpretation from the bits of information she had collected, when she had cared to listen as a kid.
"Do you think - we could summon her ghost here?" she asked.
Messages In This Thread
RE: take the road less traveled by, tell yourself you can always stop - by Ceridwen - January 31, 2024, 03:43 PM