Redhawk Caldera the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Away
Dwin, who in her opinion had slaved away from spring to autumn helping to care for those brats, arched her eyebrows at Killdeer's words. Huh... He had inadvertenly knocked more points out of that meager sum that the male gender had left and now their usefulness in life balanced only on the fact that you needed them to procreate. 

What a bastard... NOW you care... she thought to herself, but besides the annoyance with his very obvious lack of guilt for not being present, when his siblings had needed the support the most, she also felt jealous, because she had not been given an opportunity to be as blissfully ignorant as he was. She really hated the fact that he was strolling through here like a tourist, accepted in the ranks on the merit of his father and he would probably be gone as soon as that wish to be involved in kid's lives was gone. 

While all this went on inside her mind, the only thing that betrayed the raging emotions was a brief moment of her body tensing and hackles along her spine bristling slightly. She sat down to scratch behind her ear, then got to her feet and shook her coat. Pragmatism had taken over telling her that you could have a really bad opinion of Killdeer's absence and uselesness in the past, but he was here now and could prove his worth until the end of the difficult season. If he buggered off again in the spring - he would not have done anything to prove Dwin's first impressions of him wrong. 

"Oh, yes," she replied to him, conjuring up a charming smile and friendly demeanor that reflected in her body-language - now relaxed and tail waving. "I had planned on travelling the world, but life had a bit different plans for me," she said. "Like it does for us all," she said, forcing that anger and frustration further away and deciding to properly "feel it through and through" sometime later today, when on her own. 

"I am so sorry for the loss of your father - he was a brave man, well-liked by all," and - look, where that courage led you in the end... "What are your plans - will you fill his footprints or you have other aspirations in life?"

Messages In This Thread
the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Killdeer - January 26, 2024, 10:15 PM
RE: the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Ceridwen - January 31, 2024, 03:52 PM
RE: the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Killdeer - February 02, 2024, 11:08 PM
RE: the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Ceridwen - February 07, 2024, 03:43 PM
RE: the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Killdeer - February 09, 2024, 12:02 AM
RE: the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Ceridwen - February 10, 2024, 03:14 PM
RE: the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Killdeer - February 11, 2024, 11:14 PM
RE: the wood of the wind; a cliff, a fall - by Ceridwen - March 02, 2024, 04:11 PM