Witch's Marsh Don't you remember when you were young, and you wanted to set the world on fire?
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
693 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
A defense of 12 (vs Mae's attack), and a critical failure of 1 (vs Akavir). For crit fails I usually try to write up a huge blunder or an injury, but I gotta run to work so you get this instead—I will however accept one maim/injury from Akavir (you decide what the injury is in your post).

What limited attention Glaukos could utilize in this moment of red-eyed searing rage focused on the man, so when the girl slipped her way around and under, he almost missed it. His parries with the man continued until he felt the warmth of breath at his groin and in a moment of pure masculine panic, Glaukos donkey-kicked and tried to wheel his hindquarters out of range of the little bitch.

In the process of doing that, Glaukos shouldered in to the man and managed to defend himself; he couldn't tell if his heavy kick landed on the girl's open jaw, her face, her chest, or anything—but he did feel something connect and he did force the girl away from him, in to the mud to some degree. He then ducked low and launched himself off of the solid earth towards the man, wanting to rend meat from bone and escape.

The commotion of Mae's efforts had been so disruptive, so alien, so incomprehensible to the soldier that his follow-through was affected. Yes, he ducked, and yes he lunged—but he missed Akavir entirely, his center of gravity addled by the mud and the odd angle of his body; so he snapped the air and threw his shoulder at nothing, and that bowled him sidelong away from the two strangers, as well as on a trajectory out of the marsh and westward.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't you remember when you were young, and you wanted to set the world on fire? - by Myrmidon - April 06, 2024, 04:23 PM