Nova Peak they want the drip, they want the glow
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Chani’s next question stirred a sudden feeling of trepidation. Of course she knew of The Tangle. She’d hunted there on occasion, though the terrain made it difficult. She glanced that way, then returned her gaze to the younger woman’s face, assessing her expression and tone as she conveyed a concern about her tante.

If the rise was welcome to hunt there, then perhaps Dragonspine could be too. But they were not yet allies. Masquerade wished to propose such a thing, though she reminded herself they had nothing to offer yet. If nothing else, she could put forth her goodwill.

We won’t hunt there, she said decisively. We want to keep the peace with all our neighbors. Perhaps once we’re more established, we might even become allies. In the meantime, the mountain sustains us.

They also did a lot of hunting in the valley to the east. Masquerade gave the unwelcoming thicket another look. It was a small ask, truly, to avoid it in the name of preserving fellowships among the packs in the area. Hopefully it would ease Chani’s and her family’s concern, as the cliffs were distant enough to be invisible from here, the air absent of salt this far inland.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
they want the drip, they want the glow - by Chani - April 30, 2024, 12:43 PM
RE: they want the drip, they want the glow - by Masquerade - May 15, 2024, 11:45 AM
RE: they want the drip, they want the glow - by Chani - June 02, 2024, 07:55 PM