Sky Mesa silk & stone
Muat-riya
Jodai
394 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Guardian
lmk if this messes w the timeline for anyone and I'll move it up a little more! <333

"good."

she would hear the hoarseness in his voice as he unslung his own pack — yam root, mutton, honeyed fruits, even a carefully wrapped bark-wrap of sweet sap, to keep beneath her tongue on a long patrol. all arranged by inji for safiya, silent and solemn-faced the night before.

slowly he handed this bundling to machiavelli, exchanging a long look with the pale fellahin.  there was some understanding now, perhaps.

his heart was breaking, twisting painfully inside himself; he turned toward safiya, lowering himself to her level; "how tall you are, my girl. my fierce soldier." it took more moments than he might have allowed, but the man steeled himself, cupping her girlish face in one broad, roughened paw. "that place is where you are going. you have done no wrong, safiya. it is the man. soto." there could be no farewells or opportunity for the girl to speak any word of this to that creature whom she had visited again.

"i am sending you to akashingo for your own safety. you must ask yourself what a man of that age wants with a girl of your own. it is not my reputation over which i worry, habibti. it is your very body and soul."

"he knows your face, many times. he brings gifts for you. he sings to you; my girl. this is courtship." khusobek drew a great breath. "as mazoi, we protect the palaces. this is your role. you will perform it as magnificently as you have and you will come back to muat-riya wiser."

his gaze was now level on machiavelli, lapping water; "you are her friend. i did not understand. now i do. bring her safely to akashingo. see she is settled. then return. our hebsut will have need of you."

achingly he addressed safiya again. "take the pass down from this mesa; go directly though. luneshale is too far." his eyes asked if she hated him; he could not bear it. but his mouth was set in resolution. "there is a very muddy corridor in the cenote stained with sand and murk each day from our feet. i will see that tiye becomes quite acquainted with its cleansing."

he offered the bittersweet morsel, feeling the great horrendous pain of heart rending once more. if this was where their bond must end, khusobek in much agony was willing to sacrifice it, if only she was safe.
Messages In This Thread
silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 09, 2024, 04:45 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 09, 2024, 05:19 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Machiavelli - September 09, 2024, 07:46 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 10, 2024, 08:13 AM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 10, 2024, 10:32 AM
RE: silk & stone - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 03:07 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Khusobek - September 11, 2024, 01:54 PM
RE: silk & stone - by Safiya - September 13, 2024, 12:53 PM