Bearclaw Valley oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
set for tomorrow - indra's first heat! tagging @Reigi for attn. all tags in thread are for visibility/invitation but anyone is welcome. indra is v confused. 

the change was so subtle the girl hardly noticed it. like her adolescence, it came quietly -- it came day by day in such soft touches that it was not until one afternoon she saw her reflection in the stream and realized she no longer recognized her features. gone were the round curves of her puppyhood, replaced by shapely angles and defined features.

indra felt funny. it wasn't funny like a sickness funny, but a clouded, angry funny. at first she had sought out @Blondine but realized the woman was in no condition to nurture her -- it should be the other way around, what with the russet woman's unfortunate departure from bicameral vision. it was probably best not to disturb her so morosely indra nosed around for @Laurel, who also appeared to be missing. for a moment she thought about seeking @Xan - she owed him a great deal of gratitude, but somehow felt too cowed by her own insecurity to reach out to him for some semblance of comfort.

indra slumped under a familiar douglas fir tree, having limped in circles for hours around the small den she and laurel had made for themselves. she felt restless and exhausted at once. she was tired and irritable and didn't understand: her stump hurt, her belly hurt, and something else she had never experienced before made her feel wildly evasive and effulgent all in the same confusing go.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home? - by Indra - February 06, 2018, 11:29 PM