Bearclaw Valley can you still sleep, the way i used to?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
all it took was a show of teeth for the redleaf's posture to slacken and her ears to fold; she had not intentionally challenged xan -- at least not his position -- though her words certain challenged his integrity. her gaze subverted and she scowled at the ground, her brave composure giving way to stifled grief for her sister; for the lives in her belly -- for their wretched and unhappy futures. 

she listened, allowing him to say his piece without interruption despite hotly wanting to contest it. he had listened to her, and she owed it to him to return the favor -- even though more times than once she wanted to interrupt with a hot riposte. when he had finished she allowed a silence to brew between them before she spoke. "laurel deserves better - that's why i'm here." indra's words were twinged with a bit of sadness; it was not the life laurel or her puppies deserved, and she knew it. "you got her pregnant, not anyone else. and you're wrong -- there is only us - laurel and me - it will always be that way. we came in this valley together, and we'll leave together too. you will not always be there for her, but i will. and i'll be there for her puppies too. with or without you." she was careful to not meet his gaze, but her words were far from demure.  perhaps she was not the gentle, timid wolf he had first known -- but truly, she had always been this forthright when it came to her sister. her protectiveness for laurel was devout in its rigidity, and had always and would always be that way.

she heard a noise besides her and turned. an exasperated sigh levied into the cold air as she saw reigi once more approaching with open hostility writ clearly across every aspect of her body. indra was bled dry of patience for the woman's incessant truculence and she rose, her hackles flaring like quills down her spine and haunch. her ears pressed assertively forward and her gums curled back to expose teeth; reigi's untoward aggression was met tit for tat. there was no hope for civil discussion -- or even resolution for laurel -- with reigi present, and indra knew that.

"leave." she commanded to the tawny woman.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 05, 2018, 10:55 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 06, 2018, 06:55 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 07, 2018, 08:00 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 08, 2018, 08:16 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 17, 2018, 08:33 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 17, 2018, 12:21 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 17, 2018, 12:41 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 27, 2018, 04:45 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 27, 2018, 10:04 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 27, 2018, 11:36 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - April 24, 2018, 11:36 PM