Bearclaw Valley dusty flowers
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
Indra only nodded in rejoinder, her thoughts solemnly cast ahead - what if Xan refused Laurel? what if he became angry by her impudence or, somehow, struck out in response to her sister's righteous uprising? while then mutiny was deserved, would he see it that way? or would he treat their unrest same as he had before, by ignoring their plights and setting course blithely ahead?

with these thoughts in tow indrs shifted a thin leg and looked to the children, uncomfortable with the ever expanding possibilities. earnestly Indra hoped Xan would comply; inwardly, she knew such hope to be foolish. it was no wonder he and Laurel had some sort of soul-tie (despite Indra's disaste on the matter) -- they were both headstrong with things close to their heart. 

the topic changed and the solemn hues of indra's gaze shifted from Laurel's brood to the displaced children of Xan's ex-mate. her jaw seemed to tighten a beat as she issued a subdued sigh that seemed to signal the tension surrounding her. "things are okay.. the pups seem fine. they're so young... i think they'll be okay. they might not even remember her.." she drifted off for a second, her expression darkening. they're like us, laurel. but we could make it so they don't grow up to be us." she didn't want to say what 'being us' entailed, but it lingered nonetheless on the tip of her tongue: chronically and perpetually unhappy.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
dusty flowers - by Laurel - May 16, 2018, 08:29 AM
RE: dusty flowers - by Indra - May 16, 2018, 09:04 PM
RE: dusty flowers - by Laurel - May 22, 2018, 09:17 AM
RE: dusty flowers - by Indra - May 24, 2018, 09:58 PM
RE: dusty flowers - by Laurel - May 30, 2018, 03:52 AM
RE: dusty flowers - by Indra - June 02, 2018, 03:05 PM
RE: dusty flowers - by Laurel - June 06, 2018, 01:58 AM
RE: dusty flowers - by Indra - June 06, 2018, 07:45 AM
RE: dusty flowers - by Laurel - June 07, 2018, 01:28 AM
RE: dusty flowers - by Indra - June 11, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: dusty flowers - by Laurel - June 13, 2018, 01:40 AM