Broken Boulder spin for you like your favorite records used to
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
His chest tightened at Delight's response, at the pang he felt as he realized all over again how fucking adorable he was. For a beat, he faltered, and considered saying something else entirely; the hesitation strengthened his resolve in the next moment. It was just— if he hadn't misread things, if somehow he'd fooled Delight into thinking he was worth something— it was unfair to his friend. Unfair to saddle him with such a burden, unfair to set him up to be hurt.
He deserved so much better. Someone to match his sharp wit, to make him laugh, and to handle him delicately; someone who would not abandon or burden him, who could bring light to his twin-moon eyes. Alarian was just— too tired, too broken.

Well, He began, glancing slightly away from Delight with his heart in his throat; he kept the emotion from his expression, from his tone, with a meticulousness he hated himself for. There's uh— this guy, Aditya. Part of the pack near us, Morningside; actually, I think um, one of the leaders. He has— had a mate named Dawn. She's one of the leaders too.
Was he really going to do this? We were friends— well, I thought so, but then she cheated on him. And then I found him crying, and angry— and, I don't know, then he was just on top of me and suddenly I was the rebound fuck, and then he ran off. He came and apologized later, and I thought— He snorted bitterly, little humor to the noise as he recalled the events. Well, it doesn't matter what I thought. He told Dawn about me.
Alarian shifted uncomfortably, realizing he'd come to a part he didn't exactly want to share. Oh well. This is what you get for being a little bitch, Ali. And I ran into her, too, yesterday. She... wasn't happy, to say the least. But that doesn't matter as much. I just— You're such a piece of shit, his mind spat at him; at least Delight would know now what kind of mess he'd thought he wanted. The whole thing hurt. I care about him, and I thought he cared, but I guess he didn't— I just feel used and stupid now, I guess.

Oh, and— He added with a humorless laugh, Pack relations are fucked.
Messages In This Thread
RE: spin for you like your favorite records used to - by Alarian - July 13, 2018, 11:03 PM