Broken Boulder no, i never sold my soul
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
From there, things happened rather quickly— Queenie began her rant, and he went glassy-eyed somewhere in the middle of it. It was all a bunch of bullshit, of course; blah blah sacrifice, let me kill my kids in peace. But— the bit about overthrowing him, yes, that caught his attention. Before he could say a word, Eris was between them, speaking her own mind— then Ulf had arrived.
And then Delight snapped. He couldn't help the rush of satisfaction as his first words were to Queenie, even when the glare turned on him, but he kept his expression neutral. The anger abated somewhat in the wake of his words; his friend was right, after all. But his— whatever she was to him, she needed to be dealt with.
He waited until Delight had departed to speak, and nudged Eris gently to signal her to move aside and let him face Queenie. Look, princess, it's obvious you've never had to sacrifice a damn thing before in your life, His voice was calm, icy, and he kept his eyes fixed on her. Frankly, you sound like a spoiled brat, and Eris is right— no one would follow you. No one here even likes you— and yeah, we're a real fuckin' friendly bunch, as you've pointed out several times. But if you paid any attention to anything other than yourself, you'd know we do watch our borders, and we're a hell of a lot more proud of our home than you. I'd list everyone I know for a fact patrols frequently, but you probably wouldn't know half of them.
He laughed. Honestly, challenge me. If you took leadership from me, it'd be over my dead body— and I actually wish I could see that happen, just to laugh at how hard it would bite you in the ass. Alarian nudged his sister again, then Ulf, and turned to take his own leave— but not without some parting words, one last warning because he knew the guilt would gnaw at him anyway, knowing these children were suffering.
Do what you want; go put minimal effort in, fuck your kids up, and cry about how much you sacrifice. But if any of them die? The last word was almost a snarl. You'll regret it. Whether Eris and Ulf followed or not, Alarian disappeared past his den and towards the borders, knowing nothing good could come from staying longer.
Messages In This Thread
no, i never sold my soul - by Brilliance - July 10, 2018, 07:03 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 10, 2018, 08:11 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 10, 2018, 08:52 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 12, 2018, 08:01 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 12, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Brilliance - July 14, 2018, 03:47 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 16, 2018, 05:25 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Alarian - July 16, 2018, 05:36 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by RIP Stephanie - July 16, 2018, 07:28 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Ariel - July 16, 2018, 07:58 PM
RE: no, i never sold my soul - by Brilliance - July 16, 2018, 08:07 PM