Stone Circle You requested a walk
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Thank you," Greyback replied to the dark female. He was glad she was willing to open up to him and offer her own ears in his times of need. "I appreciate it- I really do, but I... don't think I can stop blaming myself right now. But perhaps in the future that will change." He offered her a kind smile at the end of his words, hoping to make her not worry.

And then there was his question.

Silence. It stretched around him as he anticipated Valette's soft voice, and when her words fell on his ears the man turned to her with a look of slight shock; his mouth hung agape and stance wide as he listened to her spill her feelings. The Easthollow wolf knew his friend was not well, no one could be after the loss of a partner, but as Valette opened up more he began to understand just how badly her anguish has been.

With little to say as he handled his bearings he whispered a soft "It's alright, Valette,", attempting to sooth the anger that rose in her voice with each word while also trying to keep his own safely rooted. "It was his choice, and a foolish one at that." He grunted. The fact that Stark had left not only his love, but his children out of free will made the fur along Greyback's spine rise, and it occurred to him that perhaps if the old beta was to return the elder wouldn't hesitate to dig his fangs into him with earnest.

As Valette went on to confess that she didn't have a good history with males Greyback's ears perked. He did not understand her position but still looked at her with an attentive fiery gaze he wore when always listening- and as he watched her face contort and stare at him he quickly shook his head. She did not need to apologize to him for such thoughts, she had more than right to. "I think...-" he started, searching for the words, "I think if I ever were to see another male harm you I would have to teach them a lesson." Though he had once taken a promise to not harm another, he could not see it in himself to sit by and watch Valette suffer.

The fact that she no longer felt as if she was deserving of a self confidence wrung him, and when her soft whisper of "You must think of me as foolish" escaped her jaws the large wolf surged forward- his chin immediately aiming to rest on her shoulder to usher her against his soft chest and into his fur. He listened and felt her body quake against his, her sobs filling his head and wetting his fur. "I'm here," he cooed back, running his nose into her fur once and breathing in her scent before running his tongue down her spine. "There is no need to be sorry, Valette."

He pulled back to look down at her wet face when she calmed, his ears tucked back and heart thudding fast in his chest. Should he? Is now the right time? He pressed his jaws tight before forcing them open, but words did not come out, only broken syllables. "I-...We-..." He furrowed his brow and gulped, trying to calm the hot blood that rushed through his veins. He needed this, he needed to tell her. "I should be sorry. I have only been thinking of my selfish desire and did not consider that maybe you need time to heal before thinking about... moving on..."

He wished she could see how amazing she was.

Messages In This Thread
You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 22, 2018, 07:16 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 22, 2018, 10:33 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 22, 2018, 11:16 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 22, 2018, 11:55 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 23, 2018, 03:03 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 26, 2018, 12:36 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 26, 2018, 08:20 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 28, 2018, 06:21 PM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 29, 2018, 09:31 AM
RE: You requested a walk - by Greyback - October 29, 2018, 06:39 PM
RE: You requested a walk - by RIP Valette - October 30, 2018, 03:46 PM